Tributary II «7» — Day 3, Morning — Bah, no one seems to care.

Poll

Use "Collaborative Folklore" page for everyone to work on for RP flavor*?  *Entirely mythology.  Not real.

Yes.  (Send emails to me so I can add you to editors list.)
7 (58.3%)
No.
1 (8.3%)
Voter is lame.
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Tributary II «7» — Day 3, Morning — Bah, no one seems to care.  (Read 10203 times)

Olga lumbers forwards towards her spearlog, followed by swinging 180 degrees to face the second threat. She slowly backs toward her ranged weapon, but if the cougar charges she's still got her axe. Her axe and the baculum knife, which she plans to draw the moment she gets in close enough to the damned animal.

Name:  Dexter
love:  Male
Personality: Sarcastic, annoying, but smart.
Group:  N/A
Physical Appearance: 

The nangol draws in closer, but does not attack yet.  Because they are fighting on a slope, the nangol can run, but not attack without cost.  The same goes for Olga.  Olga's swing missed.  The nangol lunges forward in attempt to attack Olga, and succeeds in tackling Olga to the ground and sinking its teeth into Olga's left forearm.  At the same time, Olga acts by quickly drawing her knife and swiftly slitting the cat's throat, killing it.  Although she is in great pain now, she looks around and to her relief there are no more cats about the mountain around her.

Kamila changes the firewood one more time, sweeping out the ashes.  All cooled ashes, she crushes into a fine powder and sets aside in a small pile next to the fireplace and brushes off her hands.  She then sits on the pile of wood on guard since Andrzej is dozing off.  She as trouble staying awake and struggles to fight the temptation of sleep.

Name:  Dexter
love:  Male
Personality: Sarcastic, annoying, but smart.
Group:  N/A
Physical Appearance:  
Denied.  Dexter isn't really an old name.  Additionally, your image is broken.  You may modify or resubmit.  Do so over PM if the topic is locked.

RP is suspended until the forums is fixed.

Meaning I'll have to adjust the calendar...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 05:12:36 PM by SWAT One »

Double post.  Sue me.

The topic is back up.  Sorry for all the stuffpost nonsense that has been going around the forums and sorry that this thread had to be locked to keep it out.  The thread is now resuming, the calendar is fixed, and I thank you for your patience.

Kamilawatches the sun rise through the trees and then decides to go fishing.  At least at this point, she thinks that the wolves shouldn't bother Andrzej since they didn't bother Kamila while she was sleeping.  She takes her two spears and heads down to the Ywazje to fish.

Olga angrily lobs the freshly killed cougar on top of the mildly less freshly killed cougar, and starts limping toward the shoreline to clean herself off. At the shore, she also cleans her two tunic halves. After doing her best to clean the wounds, she limps back to her encampment and smears honey on and in the wounds, and bandages them with the tunic halves.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 03:19:34 PM by Juncoph »

Olga angrily lobs the freshly killed cougar on top of the mildly less freshly killed cougar, and starts limping toward the shoreline to clean herself off. At the shore, she also cleans her two tunic halves. After doing her best to clean the wounds, she limps back to her encampment and smears honey on and in the wounds, and bandages them with the tunic halves.
The bleeding stops sufficiently, but it is still painful to bear.

Kamila brings back several topi from the river and begins to cook them.  She attempts to wake up Andrzej as someone needs to get the wood, and she doesn't want to leave the cooking fish unguarded.  "I very much like to sleep soon, Since I didn't receive an opportunity last night.  Would you mind watching the fire while I go to get more wood?"

Olga begins skinning and gutting her kills.

Olga begins skinning and gutting her kills.
Olga finishes this task.  The meat is tough.

Kamila finishes cooking the fish since Andrzej is unresponsive, and hands him a fish to eat.  Kamila eats her fish and removes the bones that can be used for needles for sewing.  She then buries the fish and goes down to the stream to wash off her hands.

Despite her tiredness, she decides to go and chop down a rather large tree to serve as the fuel and building supply for a while.  She finds one that is 6" in diameter at the base and begins chopping.  After about 15 minutes, she finishes chopping it, and it falls down.  Because it is too heavy to transport, she hacks off all the limbs and drags them back either alone or in groups of 2-3 at a time, depending on weight.  After she brings back the limbs, she chops the trunk into five 6' logs and a remaining thinner section.  She hauls this enormous load back to Ognisko and begins to split the limbs by driving wedge-shaped rock between the log and splitting it down the middle.  As she continues to divide it, she strips it until it is able to be woven to make wattle for the hut.

Some additional wood is chopped to be used for firewood.

Veho wakes up and makes a bonfire with some twigs to warm him up.

Olga sets the fresh meat up to be dried over the fire. She goes back down the river to drink some, and then she returns up hill to finally sleep.

Kamila, after she finishes the wattle, goes down to the river to gather a large lump of clay, molds it to create a bowl, using an old snail shell to polish its surface.  She then stokea the kiln and bakes the pots.  While they are being fired, she goes down to the stream, where she drinks some water and goes back up to the camp and nods off while she waits for the pots to be finished.  She waits for the fire to go out and for the pots to cool, and to her satisfaction, finds that they are of good quality.

After she finishes these, she goes out and eats some more tegacha berries and gathers a large potful of pralil nuts.  When she gets the second pot, she shells them, tossing the shells into the embers.  To her surprise, the shells initially combust quickly, but then the hard shell burns slowly.  Curious, she grabs one of the oily seeds and tosses it into the fire.  It ignites quickly and burns with a bright flame.  Perfect...

She finishes shelling the pralil nuts and sets the shells aside since they could serve as good fire starters.  She throws more logs into the fire.  While it heats up, she kneads the pralil to an oily paste on a stone and with her larger flat stone, she elevates it on top of the kiln using a few of the covering stones, allowing the heat to escape.  These small cakes cook fairly quickly as they sizzle.  She flips them and cooks the other side.

In the end, a total of two cakes are made.  She gives one to Andrzej and eats the other, before falling asleep, exhausted.

The nuts themselves, she gri

Aesc quietly, after waking up, goes to work with the bolgil pelt to make it into a cloak of sorts as to help protect himself from the cold.

Whenever he finishes that, he'd afterwards begin to look around for a tree- and upon finding one with a suitable branch he either tear it of adze it off before he'd collect two of the largest rocks in his vicinity- aiming to break the larger of the two in order to get a spear head and a suitable 'knife', before stripping long sections of thin-stripped bark and making an indent in the end of the spear to fit the head, before using the bark to tightly tie it around and keep it in place. Not as nice as he'd like it- but weapons aren't exactly his forte.

He quietly glances over towards Adok and gauges him, speaking in anglo-saxon once again, "Do you follow or do you leave?", while making a bit of motions as to interpret the same question

Aesc makes a decent weapon, not one top notch, but it could be used a bit before it breaks.

Andrzej waited silently for Kamila to wake up, thinking about how he could make himself useful. "Kamila... I think it's time I started pulling my weight. Is there anything you need done? I can farm and I can fight, but that's all I've really gotten good at. I've never had to stay alive like this. I could try to hunt or gather seeds, or something."
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 12:53:54 AM by Meekl »

Kamila wakes up from her sleep, "What, what is it?"

She then listens to what Andrzej says, takes a look at the sun, which is now dipping lower into the sky.  "Alright.  It's going to get cold later, but it's important that we stay warm through the night."  She rises to her feet and takes hold of the four wood spears she made, handing two to Andrzej.  "Take these and your axe.  We're going hunting," she says as she yawns and stretches.  "Hopefully we'll find a bolgil or a dagu at this late hour."

She licks her finger and sticks it up into the wind.  "Good.  The wind is bearing south.  Ready?"

Ywazinski Clan

Ognisko

Relevant Flag Types

Color:  #964545
Leader:  Kamila Bogdana
Society:  Currently ruled in loose hierarchy by those with the most experience and longest residence in the clan.
Members:  Kamila Bogdana, Andrzej Rolniski
Notable Members:  None
Culture:  Undeveloped
Language:  Polish
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 01:48:28 AM by SWAT One »