Author Topic: ARG thread (game over im a handicap)  (Read 11624 times)

alright so its time to be honest because i forgeted up and posted in the drydess drama
heres a little bit of a rundown of what i was planning on doing throughout the arg as it was procedural and i was going to make it as i go
i thought it'd be a fun little game for you guys to solve but i got caught

i was doing the arg in "phases", basically people would look for codes and stuff and eventually find an "override code" that when posted would lock the thread and i would work on the next set of puzzles

the first phase was simple, i was making just random puzzles on the spot but the second was meant to be a little more complex

the general story was that a police officer answered a 9/11 call to a radio station, and then the caller died shortly after due to an AI that was controlling their radio station, which would broadcast codes (stuffty but w/e), the police officer would walk in and the door locked behind him
the vent started to generate some gas to knock him out and basically he's been trying to get out
i was going to incorporate the idea that moving certain things through environments in the maps would trigger stuff like sstv and w/e
you would find a youtube link in that wingdings here:

that goes to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDYQmJs8RGc
which would explain a idea that there was two realities, there was morse and then sstv for an override code.

i didn't work on this until tonight again because i was working on a project for a person and he was paying me money to make a map for him so i had to focus on that for a while

phase 3 was going to introduce more cryptography, i was going to use some cipher that my friend came up with (that actually works and that only a few people know about until now), and it was going to be introduced via another map, following some images and yadda yadda
i haven't came up with stuff for phase 4 yet because i was going to get through this one and then work on that
i was trying to develop a story out of decoding the images and even interacting with the maps themselves

sorry that i forgeted up, i don't think this account is going to be used again, but hey i learned alot from working on this and i feel that if i actually make one in the future AGAIN i can learn from what i've created and not make that mistake

if i entertained you guys im glad, if i didn't i apologize and im sorry if i was being a nuisance
im going to get off this account now, if you have any questions just message me (im maxx)

-maxx

« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 11:39:34 PM by song bird »

arg?
oh, don't be so silly. this couldn't be an ARG, it is a broadcast station to LISTEN to!

Hey op, i would love to watch your previous broadcast, what is the end of the url, g 9 i or g 9 1?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 12:31:38 AM by Whackin »

i'm interested.
thank you! i hope you FIND the station! i am OPERATING out of the woods currently but I plan to move into the city!

thank you! i hope you FIND the station! i am OPERATING out of the woods currently but I plan to move into the city!
oh that's wonderful. what city would this be?

forget is this stuff?
I'm thinking that there's a message in the beeps and boops. I've got neither the will nor the know-how to decipher it, though.

can't wait for more broadcasts

now if this really is an arg, I wonder if downloading the video could possibly reveal something...

can't wait for more broadcasts

now if this really is an arg, I wonder if downloading the video could possibly reveal something...
we are always open for people to download our content to listen to offline!

It's sped-up morse code, but I have neither the time nor energy to figure out what it says.

little bit of news
you know the arg at the fish tank yesterday? might relate to this

tcaf pm'd him one of the images ... posted yesterday, got this message.

edit;
there part of the same story or universe but there not related in this arg.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 01:10:13 AM by Whackin »