Author Topic: Blockland vs Roblox: Vehicles  (Read 10521 times)

I've done some checking and researching, and from what I gather the only thing Roblox has on us is dynamic brick shaping and brick-based vehicles.  I'm not sure if Blockland can reshape bricks that easily, but maybe we can do the other trick...
They seem to be able to make vehicles out of bricks, on the fly as they play.  We need a vehicle spawn brick, and an appropriate add-on to get a given vehicle.  If you can mod yourself, great, otherwise you'll have to wait and see what gets made.  Granted, brick vehicles don't look as cool as well-made modded vehicles, but you can just make them anywhere.
So this is my suggestion: Can we make a system to build vehicles on the fly?  There are a number of ways to do this.  The failling Lego Creator back in the day had pieces you could stick on a pile of bricks to turn them into a vehicle.  Can we do that?  I think maybe not.  It seems Blockland considers blocks a scenery kind of thing that can't be moved about.  But what if we built with special bricks?  We have anti-portal bricks, can we do something to make moving bricks that can be stuck together to make a vehicle?  Or maybe a special vehicle spawn that can make models on the fly out of user-chosen brick look-a-likes?  Then you could have a saving system for the models, and can make anything you like.  They would be made out segments that use the brick models, but would be combined into a single model that would be equiped with a chosen, customizable vehicle script. 
Any other ideas? 
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 02:41:35 PM by Major Construction »

No.

Been suggested before, not possible.

Also I don't like you any more. Leave the whole roblox thing out.

We aren't trying to defeat a community.

Another roblox related topic why cant it end?

What's the deal?  It's not like I'm on their side?  Ok, maybe I got a bit carried away, but aside from that, is this idea still possible?

I like the idea of making working vehicles using bricks but i dont think its possible on a torque script.

Even I posted a topic about this. I really wish it could happen.

1) not possible without major engine changes or some extremely hacky method
2) you're trying to get it made by telling people "OMG WE NEED THIS TO BEAT THEM" but you fail to realize that no one(important) cares.

But if you notice roblox vehicles fail they are slow and glitchy and sometimes their wheels bobble up and down which makes no sense.

Can't forget the emense lag, Community filled with kids under the age of 12, terrible weapon system, and crappy event system.

Can't forget the emense lag, Community filled with kids under the age of 12, terrible weapon system, and crappy event system.
you forgot about the noobs that come in not only to spam to cause a bigger lag but there is also noobs that will delete your builds because there is no trust system.

Turning random topics into roblox hate topics sure is exciting, isn't it, buds forgeters?

Turning random topics into roblox hate topics sure is exciting, isn't it, buds forgeters?

Why are you defending roblox?

He doesen't apear to be...