Author Topic: The Bloko Bands  (Read 3848 times)

[The Bloko Bands]

I wanted to start a unique, and new clan. And building a stage I though, oh, maybe It should have to do with music.

Info

My goal is to actually be able to play the songs. I will not necessarily make you memorize every note, but play something that sounds good. Mostly at first you/we will be playing along with songs, then winging it.

Instrument Info

Basically, you will be designing your own instruments. They will be made with events and keep in mind, don't necessarily make em look cool, focus on playing it. You do not want to make a huge guitar that you have to jump to click notes.

List of Instruments/roles:

Guitarist
Pianist
Bassist
Drummer
DJ/Stagecrew

Notice how DJ/Stagecrew was in there? You don't necessarily need musical talent.

My main point, those are merely examples, you can make up instruments, use a whole board to combine piano and guitar at the switch of a button, do whatever you want, just sound good. Not one person has to play one instrument. In fact, no one will play just one.

Bands

There will be multiple bands within this clan, we will only start out with one, due to lack of members. This will also be my member list. Use your judgement on how many people you have in your band.

You and your band will vote on a name, the first one, I will just call the Blockheads.

Marcem - ??? - Applying
Cheeseburger - ???? - Applying
Master Joltiner - 929

Blockheads:
Zenthos - 1524
Crixz - 1546
Selix - 3261

Stage Builders
Captain Jack - 1162

Events

We have no concerts yet planned. I will inform people about practices.

At the point where we have a large amount of members, there will be an orchestra type thing where all the bands combine, and maybe mini versions of that before.

To Join

To join, all you have to do is play some tunes!

Either contact me and show me in person, or send a mp3/video of it.

Now for apping with no musical talent and having a DJ in mind, send me a video of a song going and you DJing to the beat.

A good stage to app on is this: http://www.mediafire.com/?zxmztumt5z3

If you want to see it, here: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=44452.0

To get into the DJ booth, watch the video or go to the food stall, climb into it, go through the door down the tunnel, and in the black room open the hatch.

Just play the piano or drums, because most guitars will work like pianos. No guitar sounds are released.

Note: Requires Azeraths Drum Sounds to work.

New: Stage Building

You can also join by building a stage.

Requirements:
Instruments are not required, seeing as people will build theirs.
A lighting system with a DJ Booth. (I will check for features and help you improve.
Accessible Seats, Not to small or maybe not seats just rows.
Not to big/small. Think of the number of players on a server.

I will post stages that we have created.

Songs Required

If you get these, It will make your loading time on TBB servers a lot faster:

Nicels Musicpack

Preformances

We can be invited to play on servers if the chosen band(s) is(are) avaliable.

Song Releases

We may release songs on .ogg format for people if we master them.

Comments

At that, let the new Idea take form.

All my mentioning of no musical talent, that is an understatement. All of you have got to have musical talent, even if you have to memorize the notes.

We need bass/guitar sounds to have those instruments. If someone has a good program that has good instruments sounds, I will get sounds from them. Also, I'll try to get them as the same notes as the Synth4. (The notes at the menu, there are more than that though.)

Download my Bass and Guitar soundpack here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=fee13924ec6b15daab1eab3e9fa335caeeb98c1cafa4ed84

To Contact me, I can't PM so Add Zenthos@live.com to MSN.

I will put you on the list if you want to join, but as Blockhead - #### - Applying.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 10:23:54 AM by Zenthos »

Stage: Musicians Hidout

Has all features for a stage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pD03lMQJM
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 11:36:52 PM by Zenthos »

RAU

I would like to join.

RAU - 659

Here's my music MySpace page:
http://www.myspace.com/raumusic

I would like to join.

RAU - 659

Here's my music MySpace page:
http://www.myspace.com/raumusic

I think you know this, but it has to be in BL, App wise lol. Its fine if your showing me the music you like.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 01:39:44 AM by Zenthos »

Do i make an app what do i do?

Do i make an app what do i do?

Record/Play music to me. (Ingame)

Use the save above and make sure you have azeraths drum sounds (if apping on drums).

Post your ID now so I can put you on the apping list.

RAU

Oh, nevermind then. I can't make music in Blockland. Especially not rock music. I'm so ashamed.

Oh, nevermind then. I can't make music in Blockland. Especially not rock music. I'm so ashamed.

Lol, all it is is clicking on buttons and making music.

Those are some good songs, did you make em? (myspace)

More important to be good IRL, so don't feel bad.

RAU

I did make those songs, thanks for listening.

I guess I could at least DL your build and give it a shot.

ID: 1162

Player Name: Captain Jack

And do i have to use that drum thingy mod

@RAU - Great.

@Captain Jack - no, you can app on the piano. Drums might be a little easier though. Or if you cant find a recording software, just show me in person sometime. That might have to be Friday when I get to my mom's.

I'm somewhat interested in this, but making music in BL is pretty tough and limited.

I'm somewhat interested in this, but making music in BL is pretty tough and limited.

The post's in this topic go:

Person
Me
Person
Me
Person
Person
Me
Person
Me.

But anyways, you design it to your access.

can i make a piano without the that add-on because i can do it without it k i will show you tomorrow when i get Fraps and i made the piano.

Ok :P

Im responding so quickly because Im watching clan discussion to see if there are any replies :P.

I'm surprised this isnt more popular.