Author Topic: I can't get into that 192.168.1.1 website  (Read 2919 times)

I tried typing in all of the passwords using all big text, all caps, all small case, capitalized first letter, I tried typing in Admin, Root, Password, the password I think I set for it 5 times, i tried typing in nothing, and yet not even nothing works.

Is there anyway I can bypass this?

That would be a no.

A) What router have you got? (Look on the side)
B) Not a website, it's a your routers control pannel.

Dude, 192.168.1.1 isn't a website, it's the link into your router to edit settings. If you don't know your routers password, you're basically screwed unless you reset it

(There should a a hold where you can stick, like, a pen and it'll reset.)

(When you reset, it'll go back to it's default password, so you'll still need to know it...)

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

forget YOU NOOB

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 06:49:19 PM by Badspot »

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
forget YOU NOOB

Sorry D=.

It's annoying...I somehow KNEW I'd be interrupted and so I typed as fast as I could and still got interrupted ;_;

I'm so sorry D=, if I knew you wanted, I would have stopped D=.

I'm using ZyXEL. Do you mean modem when you say router, or that thing that lets more than one comp or game system connect to the internet at one time?

When I say router, I mean router, not modem.

Any idea on what model? There is about 20-30 different models made by ZyXEL.

I'm assuming you are trying to port forward if you are trying to access your router, if so, go here http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm and click on your router, then blockland, it usually tells you the default username and password. If the username and/or pass don't work, ask whoever manages your network (parents).  Then if that doesn't work, reset the router as MegaScience said, however be careful as it will reset all your network settings (router side).

I typed in 1234 as password (since that what it told me to do) and no success.

But I thought that the thing that let multiple things connect to the internet was the router, and the actual main connection thing for the comps in the house, was the modem. Someone told me that. Did they say it backwards?

Anyways, I pressed the reset button in the modem/router with only one plug socket, and it did reset, but it's like i just turned it off and then back on, because I don't notice any difference. And I still can't get pass log in. But it doesn't ask for my user name either.

I could tell my parents to talk to the router's manufacturers about it, but they will probably think I'm doing something bad or something, and won't do it, and I don't feel like going through the trouble today.

I've heard of port forwarding on modems, but it's a myth. If you don't have a router, you shouldn't need to port forward. It could be a firewall problem.

Is there any easier way I can host a server on Blockland without having to go through possibly a 2 hour process or disconnecting anyone else using a comp in the house? (at max)

Your parents probably set a password on the router because they don't want you loving with things. Talk to them.

No, I'm sure they didn't.

They don't know squat about that part of the comp. They only leave it up to the "professionals".

Like I asked, is there another and easier way to host a server without going through this?

Port forwarding shouldn't involve any resetting of routers, networks, or anything. I'm too pissed about missing my chance to masturbate to explain.