Author Topic: BLBC - Blockland Builder's Club  (Read 15091 times)

Yes, we're still around... The Blockland Builder's Club. Blockland's first "building club"...

The Blockland Builder's Club (BLBC) is an association of users (led by myself) with the intent of promoting and making good "builds" in Blockland. We all love building, and of course hanging out with each other while we build. We're a pretty exclusive group, so it is not easy to become a member.

There are essentially 2 ways to become a member of the BLBC:

1) I invite you to join.
2) You take "the test".

#1 (invitation) is pretty self explanatory, and it by far the easiest way to get in. So far, every member of the BLBC has been inducted through this method. It is much easier to get in because BLBC members must display 2 primary traits: they must be fun to hang out with, and skillful at building. If someone has less-than-exceptional building skills, but are great to be in a server with, then they can still easily get invited. The social aspect of the BLBC is about 45% of the equation, and the building aspect is 55%.

#2 (the test) is definitely the hard way to get into the BLBC, and also requires much more explanation. To take the test, join a server that I'm hosting. If the server isn't holding tests, I will tell you. So let's say you ask to take the test, here's the process:

1) I tell you what to build right there on the spot.
2) You build it.
3) I (and any other BLBC members in the server) will judge it.
4) You are either confirmed, or denied.

Now I need to clarify some of the rules of testing. You must complete your test in one sitting (I'm not going to wait around for you to come back some other day and finish). You must complete the test without the help of other players.

You are judged on a few different points:

* General Quality: Do lines and seams line up correctly? Does it look "good"?
* Creativity/Originality: Builds with creative uses of bricks and objects are much better. Show us something that hasn't been done before. Things like "boxy" buildings are the exact opposite of what we're looking for.
* Lagginess (less is better of course). BLBC builds are generally large projects with many parts. It is imperative that each player conserves the number of polygons that they create, so that the general whole is less laggy.

Some may say, "How am I supposed to make it original, awesome, AND non-laggy?" Well, it's not impossible. Think of it like a puzzle. You will have to make compromises on the side of looks or lag, but it shouldn't be hard to create stunning works of art for an experienced builder.

You only have ONCE CHANCE to take the test. You can't come by a month later and ask to take it again. However, you can still be invited after failing the test, but it is extremely unlikely.

The BLBC is not concerned with personal egos, or bragging rights. We do not put a "[BLBC]" tag in our name. We are an "anti-clan" in that respect. We believe that members shouldn't need to advertise the fact that they belong to a special group (like the BLBC), and that they should gain a reputation based on their own merit. For that reason, people in clans are at a *slight* disadvantage to getting into the BLBC, just because there are so many clans out there with immature people that just view their clan membership as a "notch" on their belts'. People should not be looking to join the BLBC because of the status, but rather because of the joy of building with fun people.

When a BLBC is being hosted, there will usually be a "Free Build Zone" that anyone can build at. One way to get noticed by a BLBC member is to build something very nice in the free build zone, and leave a simple sign telling the world that you made it. Then, if we are impressed with your work, we may ask you to help with our BLBC build (as a "friend" of the BLBC). After we've had more time to judge your personality and skills, we may then ask you to become a full member of the BLBC. Feel free to post any questions about these rules, and I'll be happy to answer them, and edit the answers in to this main text. Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------

Those are the basic rules to getting into the BLBC. If you don't like these rules or get rejected from the BLBC, then my advice to you is to create your own building club/group. Members of the BLBC love to see more people focused on building, so the more building clubs/groups out there, the better!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 04:18:50 PM by mocheeze »

I love this clan, i would like to join while still keeping my status as leader of [USSR]. if you want, sometime i will take the test.

You've already failed... you called us a "clan". We're a club. It's different (somehow). I'm kidding, you haven't failed, yet.

We'll probably have another testing round after RTB 1.04 comes out. And yeah, we don't care whether you're in a clan already. You can keep your status (or even join other building clubs too).

:cookieMonster:that sucks

clan, club, community, "tomato tomato"

I'd apply, but my building skills are lack-luster. :(

Clan, Club, Community... guild, allegiance, league, ZOMGZORZ LIEK KLAN, Team, pplz, group, clique, UBRSCRTKLAHN!!!, posse;
Pecan, Pecan Apricot, Apricot

You got pwnt :D
Was that really neccsary?

Affiliation
Aggregation
Alliance
Amalgamation
Assemblage
Assembly
associates
Association
Band
Board
Body
Brotherhood
Bunch
Cabal
Cabinet
Cahoots
Camarilla
Camp
Circle
Clique
Club
Coalition
Collection
Commune
Community
Company
Conclave
Concourse
Confederacy
Confederation
Conference
Congregation
Congress
Conjunction
Connection
Cooperative
Corporation
Corps
Coterie
Crew
Crowd
Diet
Directorate
Ensemble
Enterprise
Faction
Family
Federation
Fellowship
Fraternity
Gang
Gathering
Group
Guild
Hookup
House
Huddle
Incorporation
Kinfolks
League
Legal entity
Lot
Mafia
Ministry
Mob
Moiety
Order
Organization
Outfit
Pack
Panel
Partnership
Party
Race
Rat pack
Relationship
Ring
School
Secret society
Sect
Set
Shell
Society
Sodality
Soviet
Stock
Syndicate
Throng
Tribe
Troop
Troupe
Trust
Union
Zoo

Cola, Cola:cookieMonster:

Wedge is amazing. Marry me?

Hmmmm, never see a BLBC server up... pwease make one.

They're not up all the time but they're up usually.

Usually must mean in the Australian timezone, I never see one :-(

We haven't had one up in a long time. Probably been a month now.

Gah! Still... ummmm (do Clubs recruit?)... recruiting?