Author Topic: How to Port Fwording with a verison modem?  (Read 9405 times)

sorry it was an error from the image.Anyway intill i can get the image i'll just decribe it.it has 3 slots here is the names of them: Global PortStart,Global PortEnd and Base HostPort
mabe that can help anyone who is trying to help intill i get the image prosess thing working

this is what im geting the image

So wait you have your computer plugged directly into the cable modem, not into a router?

um yea itas a modem thats also a router.it's crazy and im trying to host a game so can anyone help?

Not sure if this will help at all. Checkt his topic: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=40783.0

And here is my how my settings are and it works fine.

eh that still doesn't help it just has 3 spaces saying

1.Global PortStart

2.Global PortEnd

3.Base HostPort

it's nothing like the exaples that the links you gave me have and i really don't know what to do.

Uhmmm, Go ahead and try this:

1.) Global PortStart - 28000

2.) Global PortEnd - 28032

3.) Base HostPort - Your local IP address. As you can see in the photo, mine is 192.168.0.193, You can find your by doing this:

Hold down the windows key and press R. When a box opens, type in cmd and press enter. When a black window opens type in ipconfig and then press enter.  It should run some stuff, Scroll up a bit. Now, Look under IPv4 Adress, And whatever that is(should be in the format of 192.168.0.xxx) type that in the Base HostPort box.

odd it says "LAN PORT INVAILD CHARATERS" so now i need to know witch one is the lan port.And by the way (going out to others) can anyone just try to help us with this problem?

Not sure if this will help at all. Checkt his topic: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=40783.0

And here is my how my settings are and it works fine.

i thought it was ports 28000-28030, not 28000-28032

Thanks,that helps but not alot

i thought it was ports 28000-28030, not 28000-28032

I did it this way so I can host on v0002 too. For some reason i was recomended to have it at 28032 for that...

Anyways, I'm not sure what LAN PORT INVAILD CHARATERS are... Perhaps you typed in the wrong IP?

Ah damn it,well ima try it out then if it doesn't work i don't even know if i wanna play BL again :( cuz i can't F@!$ing host!

ok i found something out that Base Hostport is the LAN thing.The error message says "INVALID LAN PORT VALUE OF NULL Please enter a vaild number" so what should i do?

just bumping this post