Author Topic: Return to Blockland  (Read 241167 times)

This is a great mod i;m just wondering why it didn't get the same amount of replys Jvs doors did?

Btw Who do you think is better at making addons trader or ephi?

Hm, I will address the buffer overflow issue (the one causing crashes with long descriptions/comments) in RTB 2.02 but meanwhile I suggest Chrono shortens the description a bit.

I will right now. Just a bit busy, sorry for the delay.

I suggest that to everyone who wants to download it, that they do so manually.

Unfortunately due to people's general inability to submit an add-on with a description.txt that isnt "Title: Rocket Launcher" I have now added a system to override any description.txt already in the zip with a new one generated based on the values you used to submit your add-on to RTB.

What does it do?
override any description.txt already in the zip with a new one generated based on the values you used to submit your add-on to RTB.

I just started using it.. and it is the best mod ive ever seen so far.
The mod manager makes it so much easier than going through each topic looking for something.

Thank you everyone who helped create this awesome mod.

This is a great mod i;m just wondering why it didn't get the same amount of replys Jvs doors did?

Btw Who do you think is better at making addons trader or ephi?

Well Jvs doors is kinda self described. Not alot of people know what RTB is, i myself just found out about it and i love it. Trader is a pretty good modder, But i think IMO Ephi's creations are just great. I got about 2 addons from trader and about 12 from ephi's cause trader doesn't really make alot of stuff or doesn't release it all. I probally have no clue these days though :/.

A lot of people do know what RTB is. A lot.

I know, but what im saying is alot of people dont have it downloaded.
Or maybe people are showing appreciation for such a great mod.

Mabey it took so long to release people stoped careing about it

Most of the JVS replies are "omg thx trader <3", while those same people can't figure out what this is.

Exactly, Spenny knows what I mean. Most of the posts on there are probably just saying OMGTHXBAI! or something.

For RTB 2.1 I have decided to re-build the RTB forums. Currently they're based on an outdated version of phpBB2 and I will be updating to the latest one (not phpBB3, that blows) and I will also be re-doing the mod management system entirely to include a few new key features:

• The current system uses multiple files for updates, the new one will use a single file.
  • Bug Reporting for add-ons which will be sent to the add-on owner's account
  • Multiple add-on owners
  • Better backend for different add-on types (music/sound/colorset/standard)
  • A better way to manage add-on issues by a mod reviewer raising an issue with the authors which can then be solved and dealt with outside comments (this means you can be notified by email too)
  • Reputation points can be given for add-ons from ingame as well as on the forums
  • You will be required to re-register on the RTB forums and registration requires a valid BL ID
  • Add-Ons may have to be re-submitted but hopefully I can try to move them over using some sort of hacky SQL and BL ID matching.
  • The forum-section will be downgraded to just having a few forums (General,Suggestions,Helpdesk,Modification Discussion) and there is a potential for it to be accessible in-game however we'll have to see
  • Private add-ons that are accessible to a user-defined selection of BL IDs.
  • A mods control panel where you can review some statistics (in the form of pretty graphs) showing your add-on downloads (ingame and online) and ratings over time

So as you can see, we've got some exciting stuff planned.