Author Topic: Return to Blockland  (Read 242308 times)

Wow that was a good thing

You can edit easily.

Why do you even bother saying that? All the cool stuff like the Mod Manager/Server Information requires you to have a key so I disabled RTB for non-key using people.

I deleted some add ons that didnt work. Should it work now?

Can you open Blockland then close it then open the "console.log" file in your Blockland folder using a text editor like notepad and paste it into a reply in this thread?

The RTB website seems to be down. Is this happening to anyone else or just me?

One thing that's been bugging me, why does it show up as "MOD Manager" in the main menu (with capitals) - is this intentional or done wrong or something?

The RTB website seems to be down. Is this happening to anyone else or just me?
It was down for me a little bit ago, but it's back now.

One thing that's been bugging me, why does it show up as "MOD Manager" in the main menu (with capitals) - is this intentional or done wrong or something?

I just never really established naming conventions for everything in RTB, Add-ons for example, are referred to as add-ons, files or mods (or MODs as phpBB do it) depending on pretty much nothing except the dice of fate.

And yeah, our server died momentarily but I rebooted it.

Server CPR :D

A quick suggestion; as RTB utilizes the BL_IDs in any event, is there any way that if we go onto another computer it syncs up whats on our first computer (MOD wise) with the second? Like could a list of our add-ons be kept on the server, and every time you go on it checks to see if your list of RTB add-ons is the same?

Server CPR :D

A quick suggestion; as RTB utilizes the BL_IDs in any event, is there any way that if we go onto another computer it syncs up whats on our first computer (MOD wise) with the second? Like could a list of our add-ons be kept on the server, and every time you go on it checks to see if your list of RTB add-ons is the same?

This is an idea i've been toying with for a while. The general idea is that the list of add-ons you have would be stored on our website (like iTunes stores your music etc.) and when you start up Blockland it'd sync with that list (like connecting an ipod) which would be cool but then there are problems like if you install an rtb add-on manually then it'd be removed when you sync up. It requires a lot of thought but feel free to post ideas on how you'd like to see this working. Obviously it'd get quite a lot priority because users with multiple blockland installs at different locations are not very widespread.

A "private" section for your own stuff--Basically it's your own online page you can access with your key? The mods can be non-RTB, simply displaying the name of the .zip.

BLP

Can you open Blockland then close it then open the "console.log" file in your Blockland folder using a text editor like notepad and paste it into a reply in this thread?

all of it?

This is an idea i've been toying with for a while. The general idea is that the list of add-ons you have would be stored on our website (like iTunes stores your music etc.) and when you start up Blockland it'd sync with that list (like connecting an ipod) which would be cool but then there are problems like if you install an rtb add-on manually then it'd be removed when you sync up. It requires a lot of thought but feel free to post ideas on how you'd like to see this working. Obviously it'd get quite a lot priority because users with multiple blockland installs at different locations are not very widespread.
If you install an RTB mod manually and it turns out that isn't on the server's list, that gets sent to the server next time you start the game and added to it? (Then it downloads the other ones)

I have posted about a bug found in the mod manager on our website: http://returntoblockland.com/

Direct link: http://returntoblockland.com/?p=50

You may want to re-download RTB since I will not be putting out a patch to fix this single issue. The fix will be included in RTB 2.03.

Everytime I open Blockland I have to re-download it.
But that's using the auto updater.