Author Topic: Return to Blockland  (Read 241154 times)

omg wtf RTB is causing a thingy to pop and and say "buffer overrun detected!" right when it reaches RTB crap, tell me wtf happened?

You have bad add-ons. Post your console.log in the help forum and someone will tell you which ones.

i located the bad one on my own, lol 3rd one i tried too, it was random variables (i like to DL a lot of fail addons before they fail)

i located the bad one on my own, lol 3rd one i tried too, it was random variables (i like to DL a lot of fail addons before they fail)
me two, but i only have a problem with a certain horse changing colors constantly between red and yellow

Ephi, I am having a hard time authenticating with RTB and can not use the mod manager well.

The server is down right now.

Our web services are currently malfunctioning and i'll be sorting that out shortly. Expect everything to be operational again in a few minutes.

Our web services are currently malfunctioning and i'll be sorting that out shortly. Expect everything to be operational again in a few minutes.

My bad, It seems our server was causing extreme loads (the server was unresponsive) on the shared server we use so our hosting providers have turned off the RTB ingame system until we can sort this out.

As a  follow up to the earlier message, I'm currently sorting our load issues (which is hugely related to the breakdown of our crappy web services installation which I have just disabled) and once we've confirmed with our hosting provider that things should be running ok, we should be back online.

Basically we had about 75 concurrent users on the mod manager at one time and due to some of our server processes not terminating correctly we had a backlog of processes still running which was eating at the CPU and eventually forced the server to become unresponsive. Since we've switched back to our default web services installation we shouldn't have this problem anymore.

We are also planning to move onto a new semi-dedicated server when we release RTB3 so we should have more uptime and everything should load faster too. I'm expecting RTB to be back online in a few hours, although I said that a few hours ago.

We think we've sorted out the issues, we're currently doing some tests to ensure that this won't happen again (crash our server) and then RTB will be back online.

Sounds weird. I assume you've been able to use other client-side add-ons right?
yuppers :(

When is Return To Blockland V3 coming out?

i have rarely seen GREAT people

y dont my rtb show up? *I HAVE NO FAIL ADD-ONS*

RTB 2.02 is now available. You can get it by opening Blockland and waiting for the RTB updater to do its thing. Here is the changelog:

Rev 3:
- Added new script header blocks.
Rev 4:
- Fixed some gui changes for joinServerGui between v10 and v11.
Rev 5:
- Added a hack to run setupRTBDedicated automatically if the host joins.
- Added a hack to stop "default" and "minimal" add-on preset configurations from disabling RTB.
- Added and integrated isReadonly function to determine if target file is readonly or not.
- Added case-sensitive string comparisons for settings changes.
- Blockland version is now sent to update server with RTB version.
Rev 6:
- Fixed iteration bug in update prefs servercmd related to list option.
Rev 7:
- Removed Map_Seabed from default BL mods array.
- Added a fix to prevent server control being opened when not an admin or server doesn't have RTB.
- Added a fix for autoadmin messages breaking.
Rev 8:
- Fixed IRC list resetting when people leave/join.
- Added existence checks into tcp package before calling parent methods of object.
- Fixed a weird constant (and gradually increasing) set of loops related to server information loading ring (probably huge performance hit ingame after time - my bad)
- Added readonly check protection to the auto updaters.
- Prevented colorset getting overwritten by null values.
Rev 9:
- Fixed some server-side stuff and added BL Version dependant RTB updates.
- Added Script_ClearSpam to default BL mods array.
Rev 10:
- Fixed IRC list resetting selection when users join/leave.
Rev 11:
- Added a filter to prevent people saying their Blockland key into the IRC chat.
- Added a fix when RTB master returns RTB obtain statuses with no ingame match on server list firing console errors.
Rev 12:
- Added key filter for private messaging too.
- Fixed invalid function call.
- Added a feature which tells you if the person you're talking to in PM leaves.
- Fixed a problem where wasSort flag was being set when no row was pre-selected prior to sorting causing pm windows to not open.
- Reverted joinServerGui changes to make 2.02 compatible with a v10 release.
Rev 13:
- Fixed isReadonly returning wrong flags.
- Integrated isReadonly to file downloads in the mod manager. Now throws an error.
- Reworked mod synching to show which files could not be synchronised.
Rev 14:
- Fixed gui issues with file downloads failing.

If the update doesn't work, head over to our website at http://returntoblockland.com/ and download it manually