Poll

Which feature would you most like to see in RTB next?

Friends List + Messaging [1-2 Months Dev Time]
167 (78.4%)
Online/Ingame Gallery System & Save Repository [2-3 Months Dev Time]
20 (9.4%)
Online/Ingame Clan System [4-5 Months Dev Time]
26 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 212

Author Topic: Return to Blockland v3  (Read 107667 times)

Not a huge deal, but:

I was looking through the RTB files to see what I can understand of it, and I found a typo (OH NO LOL) - in RTBC_ServerControl,

Code: [Select]
   %settingTip2 = ...the max ammount of...
*amount

inb4 "WAHH YOU'RE DELAYING IT"

On a side note, I lol'd at the various //Cheeky! things in the files  :cookieMonster:

Isn't that the spelling Torque needs?

Just a little update on progress here, also RTB 2.1 is now known as RTB 3 so i'll change the topic title in a bit.

Currently we're moving all our stuff to a new host (on a private server so we get very good performance) and i'm re-building our downloads system and general forum mods onto the phpbb3 forum software (since we were on v2 before which had some security issues and overall badness). We're also moving our homepage onto wordpress.

The new downloads system features a bunch of new stuff including new styling and a great lovey ajax and flash based file upload form instead of the old crap you guys are still using. Here are some screenshots of the uploading:

This is the first page where you select the section to submit to (hopefully people wont manage to screw this up)

This is the information page where you enter a title (with various ajax validation things). Note the 5 author fields where you can enter a BL ID and it will try to find the Blockland User with that ID for you, or you can just enter their username.

This is the file upload page, the file upload bit is still a bit primitive but there is a new required files section where you can pick up to 3 files that are required. These fields support searching too so you can enter the first few letters of an add-on to find the one you're looking for (excuse the weird alma fannin test data)

This is the screenshots upload page which uses a flash-based application I developed for RTB and makes the screenshot editing process a whole load easier.

There is no deadline set for this work, so just be patient and enjoy the current system despite its many flaws and bugs. I'll have more information soonish.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 03:14:20 PM by Ephialtes »

phpbb3
Bout time.

Looks good, I can't wait to try the system out.

Haha, i just noticed this topic, and i also seen that Ephialtes has StoreClerk blocked :P

Very cool!,

I seem to recall somewhere that you might eventually add a good rigid minigame system that hooks in with events well.  Is this still in the plans?

Good stuff.. :)

Very cool!,

I seem to recall somewhere that you might eventually add a good rigid minigame system that hooks in with events well.  Is this still in the plans?

Good stuff.. :)

It is some way down the line and may be released as a separate add-on since it doesn't really fit in with the theme of rtb.

Will you still be adding the private file thing you said a while back, that allows you to add IDs that allowed to download it? That sounded pretty cool, and would be useful to modders doing BETA testing.

Will you still be adding the private file thing you said a while back, that allows you to add IDs that allowed to download it? That sounded pretty cool, and would be useful to modders doing BETA testing.

Yeah but the logistics of this still need to be worked over to make sure dumbasses don't try and regulate it to people with an ID of less than 1000 or something. You'll be able to add about 20 individual IDs onto the "access list" which will hide your file from everyone else and possibly notify the people on the list that they are able to download the file.

Sounds very useful.

Crap much?

Sounds very useful.

Crap much?

I'm getting mixed signals from this post..

All the file names and test descriptions you used?

All the file names and test descriptions you used?

What do you mean?

"Crappo File"
"Crapname"
"crap.zip"

Oh right, I get it now. We have quite a nice set of test data currently using a random name generator, even though I have never heard of even one of these names before: