Poll

Which feature would you most like to see in RTB next?

Friends List + Messaging [1-2 Months Dev Time]
167 (78.4%)
Online/Ingame Gallery System & Save Repository [2-3 Months Dev Time]
20 (9.4%)
Online/Ingame Clan System [4-5 Months Dev Time]
26 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 212

Author Topic: Return to Blockland v3  (Read 108844 times)

Lol at StoreClerk - Blocked

I have just decided to remove the Music section from the new Downloads Manager for the following reason:

It also takes a huge length of time to make custom upload tools and download routines and people don't really use music anyway. Its pretty much just abused by dumbasses uploading full-length songs and wasting my time. This will cut about 2 weeks out of the RTB3 development time because I was going to have to create a custom flash application for managing all the music files, and special handling routines to make sure music is downloaded to the right place etc.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 12:27:12 PM by Ephialtes »

hey Ephi Uses Google chrome :3

He's also a pirate bay user :D

Also, why not just set a limit on size for music? Make it so it can only support music that's like 1 minute long, if not shorter.

Also, Google chrome never works for me. It loads webpages insainly slow and if I switch tabs it stops loading them all together.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 02:35:29 PM by Digmaster »

We all know the real reason you deleted them was because it's Green Day.

We all know the real reason you deleted them was because it's Green Day.

Haha.

Ephi hates Green Day so much that he is removing the entire music section all because of Green Day's taint.

YAY EPHI! YOU 'DA MAN!

I'm tired of downloading stuffty music, anyways. Some people actually host some good tunes that enhance their builds, others host loving emo music no one wants to listen to and no one ever uses correctly.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 05:27:36 AM by A million souls »

OMG where am I going to get my green day music now.

I don't see why people need to have stupid songs on their server, I mean seriously, buy the album instead of listening to bad quality loops.

Can it be set up so it compares the addons we have downloaded ourselves to the folders of models and textures we get from other servers and deletes the matches? I seriously have 40 megabytes in these and I'm about to go delete some of them.

The poll states 2 right angles make a yes

Can it be set up so it compares the addons we have downloaded ourselves to the folders of models and textures we get from other servers and deletes the matches? I seriously have 40 megabytes in these and I'm about to go delete some of them.

So you mean if you have downloaded Weapon_Shotgun.zip and you happen to have a Weapon_Shotgun folder with the shapes/textures, you want that folder deleted?

The file delete function we have cannot delete folders so you'd still be left with a bunch of empty folders lying around, but it wouldn't take up the ~40mb I guess.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 04:53:53 PM by Ephialtes »