Author Topic: BLB Brick Format Reference  (Read 77709 times)

How many faces are on that side? Three or one?

3 total. Two on the side, but the one in the middle is supposed to look like 3.

I was messing around with the ramp positions from OP and I managed to get the side texture to repeat 3 times.

You'd have to play around with the numbers until you get the effect you desire.

Do you have BLB Editor? It helps to tweak the numbers without having to check it in-game.

yeah it shows the side being repeated in blb editor, but once it's in-game it doesnt show up as being repeated.

Where's Tophius when you need him? :P

Yeah side textures don't seem to repeat. I think this is basically so that the texture scales well on small faces and stays consistent. You'll have to create three separate faces to get the effect you want - though to make sure the brick doesn't break with undulo you might have to add even more.

I'd still like a reference on how to calculate UV coordinates of cube/rectangular shapes, if anyone can find one.

I was messing around with the ramp positions from OP and I managed to get the side texture to repeat 3 times.

http://i.imgur.com/3kxx6.png

You'd have to play around with the numbers until you get the effect you desire.

Do you have BLB Editor? It helps to tweak the numbers without having to check it in-game.
Where'd you get BLB editor?
I've been looking EVERYWHERE for it!

For the brick grid. What would I use to allow bricks to be placed on top of and below but not in?

EDIT: Never mind. It's b (which is not listed in OP).
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 08:18:21 AM by jes00 »

I don't understand quads at all. What are the quads in general...and please don't say 4-sided faces, That doesn't make sense to me. Not the "4-sided faces" part...but how that works doesn't make sense to me. Why is there 1 top quad in the 2x2 ramp and 5 bottom quads? Also, what is an "omni quad"?

I don't understand quads at all. What are the quads in general...and please don't say 4-sided faces, That doesn't make sense to me. Not the "4-sided faces" part...but how that works doesn't make sense to me. Why is there 1 top quad in the 2x2 ramp and 5 bottom quads? Also, what is an "omni quad"?
Quads are like categories for faces, the number below is how many faces are in that quad. If the north side of the brick is completely covered by bricks, then all of the faces in the north quad category are hidden. Same thing with east, south, west, top, and bottom. Omni quads are similar, except the faces in the omni quad category never get hidden unless the brick's rendering is turned off.

In that ramp, there is one top face, because if the entire top is covered, that's the only face we want hidden. That one face covers two studs because you can use the UV COORDS to change how many times the texture repeats and how stretched it is. There are five bottom faces because one is for the middle part of the texture, and the other four are for the sides.

hi
have anyone an idea how can i make blb files with blender

Just make the model, export it as an .obj (wavefront) and then use an exporter. Preferrably General's

Collision boxes should probably be mentioned. Space Guy just skipped over them.