Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3837661 times)

yeah
Just unwrap the whole thing then? What do you mean by "make" a texture?

Just unwrap the whole thing then? What do you mean by "make" a texture?
like where's the unwrap function

like where's the unwrap function
U in edit mode
Split your screen and open a UV/Image Editor panel so that you can manipulate the UV

U in edit mode
Split your screen and open a UV/Image Editor panel so that you can manipulate the UV
WOAH THANK YOU SO MUCH

Aren't a square or aren't a power of two?
I'm pretty sure most engines don't work with textures that aren't power of two.
Not a square. I just checked one of my old models that I did manage to get the texture right on and it's not a power of 2.

I'm glad this came up actually; it explains a lot of bullstuff happening with the new Hi-Blast in game.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 12:41:34 AM by takato14 »

so I've been trying out blender for a while now, and i just want to ask: how do you make a texture for the WHOLE thing? seriously i'm clueless
Google "Blender UV mapping tutorial".

Need more cars, again
8 pages late but whatever

Update to Tuned Marussia. What do you guys think? (Using Port's normal soft shadows) (the build, btw, is mine and is heavily WIP.)
And yes the car is downscaled in size
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 07:35:05 AM by TheTurtorn »

Finally you fixed the scaling of the car. I counted 10 Studs in width, am I correct?

Finally you fixed the scaling of the car. I counted 10 Studs in width, am I correct?
Yup. Just a small note - collision box doesn't contain side mirrors.

The dark spots seem a little too dark.

The dark spots seem a little too dark.
Yeah I'm making it lighter, 3ds max decided to screw with me and displayed everything lighter than it actually is
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 08:38:18 AM by TheTurtorn »

I don't normally comment on vehicle posts, but yours is just outstanding. Amazing attention to detail, amazing curves, interior, everything. The way the curves catch the light is very realistic and reminds me of real car materials. Outstanding job, keep up the good work.