Author Topic: Compass and Waypoint System  (Read 11775 times)

Compass and Waypoints
A clientside compass with waypoints both client and serverside.

Description
Credits:
Mr. Wallet - Compass and point display code
(Actually he says it's Zors but I got it from Wallet's Campester GUI)
NiXiLL - Because I always credit Nix

Usage:
Bind a key to Waypoint GUI under Compass in controls.
You can also bind a key to toggle the compass directly.

Press said key to open the GUI:
 - Adding dialog:
 Enter a name, check the box if it's a waypoint on the server (you must be an admin to add a waypoint on the server) and click add.

- Removing or updating:
 Select a waypoint and click remove or update. Only an admin can remove or update a serverside waypoint (marked with a *).

- Saving or loading:
 Click the disk (bottom right of the GUI next to the checkbox) to open the save/load dialog. Enter the name and hit save or load depending on what you want to do.
 You can't load serverside waypoints unless you're an admin, same as always.

Check the checkbox in the bottom right of the GUI to toggle the compass/radar. You can also use the mentioned keybind to do this.

Update: v1 -> v2
+ Waypoint sharing via chat: Simply use +WPSHARE (name of your clientside waypoint here) and anyone on the server with the mod who receives your message will add that waypoint to their compass.
Advanced: +WPSHARE (name) + (newname) - sends waypoint (name) with name (newname) - will create a duplicate waypoint on your compass though.
+ Added a Brick->setWaypoint event to the server component. This will not allow use of a serverside waypoint name.
 -> Brick->setWaypoint[name,remove]
  Check the checkbox to remove a waypoint of that name. Leave unchecked to add a waypoint of that name.
  Evented waypoints cannot be edited on the client, cannot overwrite client or serverside waypoints, but can overwrite other evented waypoints.

+ Minor bugfix: Pressing enter instead of clicking add when adding a waypoint would not check if it is to be serverside.

Screenshots

Download
Script_Compass.zip (Last Updated: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:15 pm)

Installation
Put Script_Compass.zip into the Add-Ons folder in your Blockland folder.

Click Here to view this file on the RTB Download Manager
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 11:17:27 PM by M »

Nice job I think this will be useful.

Now i dont have to guess the events !

Looks awesome, as I said in comments on RTB, downloading. :3

AND TO LET EVERYONE KNOW, I WAS THE ONE TO ORIGINALLY SUGGEST THIS! Thank you for making this, so much easier now.

AND TO LET EVERYONE KNOW, I WAS THE ONE TO ORIGINALLY SUGGEST THIS! Thank you for making this, so much easier now.
Uhh, no? I made this on my own whims, after I saw the compass on the Campester GUI.

Nice job.

Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post
:(

Oh.......:(. I put it on Fierscream's requests, and I thought that's where you got it from. Doesn't matter, it got made at all, so I'm still happy. ^-^
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 09:27:41 AM by Jaxx050 »

Nice job I think this will be useful.

That is loopyla1's avatar, I suggest you change it before you get flamed

OnTopic: Nice, I like being able to save your builds position so you always know where it is!

way to point out the obvious also this is NOT his/hers some one else made it not me not him/her

Now for the next step, making a compass that shows waypoints and other people. I was also thinking of having the compass stay on the screen... and minimizes like the brick, inventory, and paint does.

I remember suggesting something like this back in V8. You sir, deserve a medal.

Now for the next step, making a compass that shows waypoints and other people. I was also thinking of having the compass stay on the screen... and minimizes like the brick, inventory, and paint does.
I already have it showing other people, however that part won't be released on account of it being highly abusable (not to mention potentially laggy as hell.)

forget yes, awesome M.
Downloading.
You sir, deserve a medal.
Edit: just some suggestions,
Changing colors of the waypoints
maybe if you get close enough to the waypoint it shows the text on top of it
and maybe adding icons? :o
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 11:12:42 AM by Dropshock »

You sir, have made me cry. Good work.