Author Topic: (Tutorial) How To Port Forward On a Mac  (Read 60356 times)

How to you find your IP Address and WPA Password?

:/ this would have been helpful to me like 4 weeks ago.

will this work on leapord?

Yes this will work on leopard and to find the IP address just open up network preferences and look at which IP your computer is using.

First what you do is Open up Airport Utility, Then click in the menu "File" and go down to "Configure Other"

Then this menu will pop up

Enter into it your routers LAN IP address (for most it is 10.0.1.1) and your WPA Password (another menu will pop up and you have to enter it again)

^
Then Click the Button that says advanced, and another menu will pop up

Click Port Mapping and then the "+" symbol

Add what I have here and then add your LAN IP Address (Not WAN)

After that click the "Continue" button and let your airport restart, After that is done you should be able to host.

Now, don't host horrible servers.

this is how to port forward on a mac.

I was REALLY hoping this would work. But it didn't. Maybe my router sucks.

Yes this will work on leopard and to find the IP address just open up network preferences and look at which IP your computer is using.
How you found pass?

I believe this may only work with Apple compliant routers such as the Airport, if you have a normal router I believe you use the standard process.

Is have a apple router (airport extreme) but not a apple computer, could you please tell me how to Port forward with what I have.

PS. Pc is a samsung syncmaster 710n

Enter into it your routers LAN IP address (for most it is 10.0.1.1) and your WPA Password (another menu will pop up and you have to enter it again)

What is a WPA password cause i have a feeling it's DEFINITELY not your normal password -_-.

It got stickied! Good for you! And thank you! It does work!

How do you find the PASSWORD!

well i need help here

Nevermind
my airport express does not work with this guide, but it does work with this one. port forwarding for the airport express