Author Topic: (Tutorial) How To Port Forward On a Mac  (Read 60732 times)

how do you find the WPA password!!!!!!

how do you find the WPA password!!!!!!

Ask your mommy or your daddy, if they don't know then your screwed

Ask your mommy or your daddy, if they don't know then your screwed
blah blah blah!!!!!

Err, it isn't working for me.
Keeps coming up with this error:

"Please make sure your Apple wireless device is plugged in and in range of your computer or connected via Ethernet and try again. (-6753)".

I'm not sure if I'm using the right IP address. Does it need to be the LAN IP or the wireless IP? I'm connected wirelessly.

This guide only works for a specific router, the Airport (which is a router made by Apple which I believe they often distribute with Macs). If you have a normal router, even with a Mac, you have to do it the old "Type the IP address in an internet browser" method.

This guide only works for a specific router, the Airport (which is a router made by Apple which I believe they often distribute with Macs). If you have a normal router, even with a Mac, you have to do it the old "Type the IP address in an internet browser" method.
Thanks.

how get to airport utillity :cookieMonster:

what about wifi networks

Err, it isn't working for me.
Keeps coming up with this error:

"Please make sure your Apple wireless device is plugged in and in range of your computer or connected via Ethernet and try again. (-6753)".

I'm not sure if I'm using the right IP address. Does it need to be the LAN IP or the wireless IP? I'm connected wirelessly.

Same here

First what you do is Open up Airport Utility, Then click in the menu "File" and go down to "Configure Other"

Then this menu will pop up

Enter into it your routers LAN IP address (for most it is 10.0.1.1) and your WPA Password (another menu will pop up and you have to enter it again)

^
Then Click the Button that says advanced, and another menu will pop up

Click Port Mapping and then the "+" symbol

Add what I have here and then add your LAN IP Address (Not WAN)

After that click the "Continue" button and let your airport restart, After that is done you should be able to host.

Now, don't host horrible servers.

dont you even know what your talking about

dont you even know what your talking about
This is a sticky, so Badspot (The administrator) must've found this helpful and true, so this guy must know what he's talking about

If you're not using a Mac PC, then you probably wouldn't know what he's talking about