Author Topic: (Tutorial) How To Port Forward On a Mac  (Read 60722 times)

I tried portforward.com, but I got stuck at the IP Address part. Are you sure this site is for Mac? It looks like it only will work for PC...

And sorry, but what is the VPN settings? (Sorry for my lack of mac knowledge. Again, I'm new to mac.)

Go and find your physical router... In your house... Find out what make and model number it is... If it is an Airport router, you can follow this guide, if it is other (and airport) you can use www.portforward.com    Although done on a Windows computer (not a fecking PC - PC = Personal Computer not Windows computer), the process is almost identical on a mac... You chose your favourite web browser and type in the IP of your router.

Tell me what model and make your router is.

VPN - Generally is a Virtual Private Network. Programmes like hamachi are these, they pretend a cpnnection over WAN is a LAN connection(very roughly explained), I dont see why you would need to use this in this instance.

I believe I use a Motorola SBG900. I'm guessing that's not an Airport router...

I installed blockland on my old Windows laptop, and I think I may have a working server. I can connect to the game running on my Windows with my Mac. However, would this just be a LAN game? I set the server to run on "internet".

Sorry for the triple post, but it works now! Thanks for the help guys!

Go and find your physical router... In your house... Find out what make and model number it is... If it is an Airport router, you can follow this guide, if it is other (and airport) you can use www.portforward.com    Although done on a Windows computer (not a fecking PC - PC = Personal Computer not Windows computer), the process is almost identical on a mac... You chose your favourite web browser and type in the IP of your router.

Tell me what model and make your router is.

VPN - Generally is a Virtual Private Network. Programmes like hamachi are these, they pretend a cpnnection over WAN is a LAN connection(very roughly explained), I dont see why you would need to use this in this instance.

For some reason on a mac laptop when you hard wire a connection is called VPN (Now I know the definition you gave makes sense, but I can take a screen shot to show you the hard wire name) I'm not exactly sure what it stands for but going into the VPN settings can allow you to port forward.

Did you follow the steps exactly? or are you using an older version of Mac OSX
I dont have and apple airport modem so it doesnt work

Did you follow the steps exactly? or are you using an older version of Mac OSX
I am

I dont have and apple airport modem so it doesnt work
I am

If you don't have this router then you need to look up your router on Portforward.com and do it that way, and I'm not really sure by what you mean by the second statement you made

I tried this and it didn't work. I tried Portforward.com and the instructions are WAY out of date. Please the thing on portforward.com that is used to check if the connection works is only for PC. Help? Anyone?

I tried this and it didn't work. I tried Portforward.com and the instructions are WAY out of date. Please the thing on portforward.com that is used to check if the connection works is only for PC. Help? Anyone?

Ok, what router are you using, are you wired in to the internet (a physical cable plugs into the computer) or are you running wirelessly? also what OS (Operating System) are you running.

Ok, what router are you using, are you wired in to the internet (a physical cable plugs into the computer) or are you running wirelessly? also what OS (Operating System) are you running.

Ok i have an Airport Extreme, I'm Wireless, and I have Mac OS X Version 10.5.7

Ok i have an Airport Extreme, I'm Wireless, and I have Mac OS X Version 10.5.7

Then this should work, you must be doing something wrong. What are you having trouble with in the tutorial I made?

Then this should work, you must be doing something wrong. What are you having trouble with in the tutorial I made?

Wait Give me a sec and ill post pictures of what i did.

Wait Give me a sec and ill post pictures of what i did.

Ok. I hope it will help