Poll

Should we have a turret that AUTOMATICALLY shoots at people?

GOD, YES!
26 (74.3%)
Mmm, sure
3 (8.6%)
Dunno/Don't care
1 (2.9%)
Mmm, Nah
0 (0%)
GOD, NO!
5 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Could we have a Sentry Gun?  (Read 2282 times)

NOTE: I know I could just use locked projectiles, but they don't work on my computer (mac).

My idea was this: A vehicle type of turret that would automatically shoot at players in a certain radius. It could be carried via the Gravity Gun and repaired via the Pipe Wrench. It would have to be compatible with the TDM mod (Spaceguy).

I know I could just use events, but like I said before, locked projectiles don't work on my computer. Plus, wouldn't it be cooler to have a turret that could actually be CARRIED? And, it could be repaired like a vehicle.

This is a suggestion, and it MAY be possible, from what I've read on the forums.

EDIT: This is kind of a TF2/HL2 style turret.
EDIT 2: The recent release of the Timebomb proves that this COULD be made as a carriable, non-mountable "vehicle" that can be put down, but it would have to be a bot in order to work.  Also, it has been proven that the "Locked Projectile" add-on does not work with V11. If you don't believe this, search for "Locked Projectile Malfunction"in the Help section, or the BL forum search.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 07:27:19 PM by Pliny the Younger »

Event Add-ons

search before asking things

Multiple times in his paragraph, that he knows he can use events, did you even read it?

@ Flying Ace

I also said that I COULD NOT USE the event. I use a mac. The only thing that happens when I try to use locked projectiles is an annoying gun sound.

The locked projectile events don't work with V11.

@ Armyunit

Thanks. I thought it might have been an add-on I had.

Multiple times in his paragraph, that he knows he can use events, did you even read it?

Yeah but, for now he should use them, and then wait for someone to make a turret model script I mean
But I didn't see the part about the mac, yeah ask someone to repackage them

search before asking things
The search on this forum is stuffty and unreliable. It doesn't just hand you an answer like google does. Besides, when people search and actually find an old topic that discusses what they wanted to know, they usually post in it. Then you flame them, they doesn't use search next time, and they get flamed for that.

I think this could be a vehicle that checks for players in 30 studs or so of it and automatically aims at the closest. I don't really code a lot so I wouldn't know if this works.

The locked projectile events don't work with V11.
What are you talking about? They work fine.

wouldn't it be cooler to have a turret that could actually be CARRIED?

Not really... We have a tank, and we have machineguns.