Author Topic: [Tutorial] Trimming, Converting, Merging and Exporting .mp3's for Blockland  (Read 6300 times)

Making Music: Converting .mp3 Files to .ogg for Blockland

In this tutorial, I will show you how to trim, loop, and convert music files for Blockland.

You will need some knowledge of computers to do this tutorial

Part 1: Software

For this tutorial, you will need the sound editing program, Audacity, found here. Please install it if you have not already done so. I prefer the beta version (1.3.7) due to the higher amount of features. This is what will be featured in the photos.

Part 2: Conversion to .mp3

If you want to use a .wma file you will need to convert it to .mp3 using Media Converter.

Part 3: Importing the File

1. Go to File>Import>Audio and select the file you want to import.  Please note: This only works with .mp3 files.  I can import MP4's because I have the proper libraries to.

2. Next, make the stereo audio file into a mono one by going to Tracks>Stereo Track to Mono

It should then look something like this (the waves will be different depending on the song.)

Part 4: Trimming, Looping and Exporting

1. At this point, go to Tracks>Add New>Audio Track

2. Highlight the section you want to copy as your main loop and go to Edit>Copy (CTRL + C)

3. Go to your new audio track and align your cursor with the beginning of the track. Go to Edit>Paste (CTRL + V) To zoom in, go to View>Zoom In which is repeatable.

4. Repeat this process to edit, trim, add to and make your track a perfect loop,

5. Hit the small 'X' as indicated below to delete the old track.

6. Go to File> Export and the window pictured below should come up.

7. Click OK and select 'Ogg Vorbis Files' From the drop-down menu.

8. Click OK. The file will export to your Audacity folder.

9. Follow the directions for putting music in Blockland and you're done!

Written by Xerces
BLID 3270
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 11:19:27 PM by Xerces »

Informative, should be finished before post imo though.

I accidentally pressed Send and not preview one time by accident, so I had to edit it.

I suggest using wave pad. It can easily cut up audio for loops, and export to Ogg. Takes me about 2 minutes to make a loop.

I suggest using wave pad. It can easily cut up audio for loops, and export to Ogg. Takes me about 2 minutes to make a loop.
Audacity is epic though D:

I've tried Audacity, and as far as I can tell, Wavepad has all the same features and more.

It takes me about the same time Az'. I'm just too used to audacity to use anything else :P

I don't have a tracks bar on top, would you find telling me how to put it up there.

As I said, this is Audacity Beta 1.3.7, so the layout is somewhat different.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 12:47:11 AM by Xerces »

Bump because this is helpful