Author Topic: [Tutorial]Making Add-Ons With Blender(Not Modeling)  (Read 144117 times)

what's the difference between an empty mesh and an empty
Well not that much but Blender recognizes them as 2 different types of objects. One is a mesh, blender doesn't care if there's any vertices there or not (unless you're exporting) but an empty is just a null object that is used either for scripts or in a rig.
Kinda hard to explain, read up on it.

Well not that much but Blender recognizes them as 2 different types of objects. One is a mesh, blender doesn't care if there's any vertices there or not (unless you're exporting) but an empty is just a null object that is used either for scripts or in a rig.
Kinda hard to explain, read up on it.
So I can use either one?

So I can use either one?
Well if it involves a script then probably not. What are you trying to do?

Well if it involves a script then probably not. What are you trying to do?
Just export stuff, thats all.

Anyway, Demian told me that when I make a projectile model, I need to add empties.
Can you add that to OP?

Just export stuff, thats all.

Anyway, Demian told me that when I make a projectile model, I need to add empties.
Can you add that to OP?
Actually no for a projectile you just need to let blender set up it's own hierarchy for you when you export. I'll add that though.

Actually no for a projectile you just need to let blender set up it's own hierarchy for you when you export. I'll add that though.
I exported with empties and it works fine for me.

I exported with empties and it works fine for me.
The usual empties? It used to not work for me, whatever then.

Where can I find the .blend file of the Blockhead so I can see what size my weapon should be, where I should place it etc.

So there is no way to import .dts files? I've read elsewhere that it's for piracy prevention. I mainly wanted it so I could "reverse engineer" existing models to understand how they work. That's to bad.

Where can I find the .blend file of the Blockhead so I can see what size my weapon should be, where I should place it etc.
I found an .obj for the hand http://www.mediafire.com/?azaoxunsmt3
Blender can import obj files. If you really want a blend file there's probably one you can find by searching around.

I found an .obj for the hand http://www.mediafire.com/?azaoxunsmt3
Blender can import obj files. If you really want a blend file there's probably one you can find by searching around.
I've searched and all you can get is the doll which doesn't do any good.

Well, what I found was that if you spawn a box, and scale it to 0.18 size it'll be roughly the size of the minifig's hand. So maybe that can help.

Is the hand really the correct size and direction? I've been making a few weapons and got some working, and I can't remember having them that big or turned in that direciton.

I dunno I didn't really check the file I just assumed it was. I think doing what I said in my last post would be most effective for people, and if you press 1 on your numpad the model should be facing AWAY from you. All you need to know.