[Tutorial]Making Add-Ons With Blender(Not Modeling)

Author Topic: [Tutorial]Making Add-Ons With Blender(Not Modeling)  (Read 144220 times)

Dark, can you post this link for 2.49 with the exporter already installed on the front page?
Derp

Sent darkstar a suggestion for his minifig rig, basicly, you would select these rings and then use the rotate along normal tool to rotate them, and the minifig hands/feet are bound to the ring sides for easy walk animation, and it would ONLY rotate the object from the center of the circle

EDIT: he obliged, forget yes

I actually had one for the arms in the latest version but I added one now for the feet:
http://www.mediafire.com/?aj3zs5271q4bf28

Make sure the feet are locked to the body though, otherwise they're only controlled by the target.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 03:12:42 PM by soba »

Excellent tutorial, DarkStar!

I seem to be having trouble getting collision to work properly for some ramp bricks I'm working on.
Can you briefly tell me what I need to get blender to work for adding collision to ramp bricks?

Textures Didn't work.

Tried it in blender and in-game, both failed.
The shape has no other colours and the mesh did not appear in the UV/Image editor.
Help please.

Also, I tried to make a new projectile but it only destroys bricks, it does'nt damage.
I have used the Adddamagetype script but it still does not work.

Hey, on the vehicle part, it says: Now, for collision. This has to be a low poly outline of your model, preferably just a cube.

I'm confused on how to get the"low poly outline" of my model. Do I just add a cube or what? Really confused here :S

Hey, on the vehicle part, it says: Now, for collision. This has to be a low poly outline of your model, preferably just a cube.

I'm confused on how to get the"low poly outline" of my model. Do I just add a cube or what? Really confused here :S
Well I did say preferably just a cube and it shows a cube in the picture, so just use a cube.

Also, I tried to make a new projectile but it only destroys bricks, it does'nt damage.
I have used the Adddamagetype script but it still does not work.

I'm not much of a scripter so this isn't the place to ask. As for the textures, maybe watch some tutorials because I'm not quite sure why it doesn't sometimes work. You might need to unwrap it.

Hey, just wondering if something bad will happen if I try to export my vehicle without painting it (assigning materials). I just want to see if everything else works first before I paint it. Would this be OK or no?

The DTS exporter link is not working properly.

Hey, just wondering if something bad will happen if I try to export my vehicle without painting it (assigning materials). I just want to see if everything else works first before I paint it. Would this be OK or no?
It would work but it'll look all unshaded and reflect the sky in a weird way.

The DTS exporter link is not working properly.
I'm not sure, I don't think I can manage this topic forever. The whole post is pretty outdated actually, but I never get around to updating it. Just google around and you might find an exporter. If somebody has a link for a good one, just post it here and I'll add it to the OP.

If somebody has a link for a good one, just post it here and I'll add it to the OP.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=182364.0

I have a big problem with animation.
Recently, one of my weapons messed up with the magazine not being on the right part.
So I decided to take a look into it.
Well here's how it's setup-

My left hand bone is parented to the magazine bone which is parented to the gun.
For some reason, the left hand is not touching the mag when animating but instead is moving in conjunciton with it.
I'm attempting to reanimate it, and everytime I try to move to the next frame, it reverts back to the original position.

EDIT-Figured out what was wrong, I had to delete all the markers in the NLA editor.

EDITAgAIN
Dark, can I please send this to you so you can figure out what's going on?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:26:15 PM by The Corporation »

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=182364.0

I have a big problem with animation.
Recently, one of my weapons messed up with the magazine not being on the right part.
So I decided to take a look into it.
Well here's how it's setup-

My left hand bone is parented to the magazine bone which is parented to the gun.
For some reason, the left hand is not touching the mag when animating but instead is moving in conjunciton with it.
I'm attempting to reanimate it, and everytime I try to move to the next frame, it reverts back to the original position.

EDIT-Figured out what was wrong, I had to delete all the markers in the NLA editor.

EDITAgAIN
Dark, can I please send this to you so you can figure out what's going on?
I guess I can try..

REALLY HELPFUL!!!!!

i like the section that helps with playertypes.... i am currently making playertupes for zombies from Left 4 Dead
For ZAPT....

I don't get how I'm supposed to install the python thingy so that I can export to .dts
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 03:52:11 PM by popman98 »

I might try out Blender... I am still curious about all those complex buttons.