Author Topic: 5 alarm fire, uncle's house destroyed, D:  (Read 3146 times)

Well, yesturday I walked out front of my house and was suprised to notice huge amounts of smoke coming from nearby. I decided to bike over their with my friends. Once I got there I noticed roads closed and firetrucks everywhere. The amount of smoke was amazing, it was able to fan out to about 3 blocks. But the main thing I noticed was the main fire was on my uncle's street.

The houses on that street were half houses, so the fire was easily able to spread. It managed to completely destroy the main house were the fire started and work its way to my uncles half house. The fire started when an outdoor grill's propane tank exploded. Think about it, 1 grill destroyed 5 homes.

My uncle is ok. But their were 7 firemen injured and the one house owner was injured. The fire overall did $750,000 in damage.

News story:
(Ignore the stupid ad in the begining)
http://wfmz.img.cdn.entriq.net/htm/DayPortWFMZPlayer.html?limit=10&articleID=832211&isSpanish=false&adInsertionInterval=2&bannerAdConDefID=8&defaultPreviewImage=http%3A//wfmzimg.dayport.com/img/icons/PlayerThumbnail.jpg&domain=wfmz.dayport.com&imageDomain=wfmz.img.cdn.entriq.net&limit_default=10&conDefID=2&videoAdObjectID=4&logoAdObjDefID=5&siteName=WFMZ%20TV&callLetters=WFMZ&version=20070627

And here are some pictures of the blaze and massive amounts of smoke:

Lots of smoke:

Main house on fire:

Traffic nightmare:

Aftermath:

Main house:

My uncle's house:

Share your fire experiences here.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 03:48:37 PM by Destroyer »

That sucks bad man. Tell your uncle i say "Hi." tho ok?

Sorry.

Lol. The police tape is upside-down!

Is your uncle ok?

Wow, looks like the fire did quite a bit of damage. Anyone hurt from it?

Is your uncle ok?

Yeah, he is ok.

Wow, forgot to add injury status.

Their were 7 firemen injured and the one house owner was injured.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 03:40:38 PM by Destroyer »

Damn, did this happen at night? Lots of smoke D:

Lol. The police tape is upside-down!

Is your uncle ok?
It usually flips in wind, and I'm sorry for your uncle.

On picture 3, the fire coming out of the right window on floor 1 is just scary.

That must have sucked D:

Wow, that's a mean looking fire. Do you know how the house caught fire? Didn't read

And, I know this is kind of bad timing but is that the house from Gran Torino?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 05:27:30 PM by Daffy »

LOL ALLENTOWN

Oh god I hate PA.

Looks like he got burned

Wow dude, how do you feel right now?

Im confused how a house made mostly of bricks caught on fire and then caught others by fire.

Btw, how close to the fire was your uncles house to? And where exactly do u live? It looks like those houses were made in freaking 1950's

Only the exterior wall is made out of brick.

EDIT: Also, once the brick heats up to a certain temperature it sets the gypsum board on the other side on fire.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 05:33:28 PM by Wedge »