Author Topic: Weather particle emitters  (Read 9078 times)

Weather emitters
Everything you need to make rain and snow

Description
A pack of emitters made with the purpose of filling everyone's weather-on-the-go needs. When used Correctly, all these emitters should produce little lag if any at all.

The pack includes:
- 3 Snow emitters, two which are good for general weather effects and one that's small and compact enough for use in events.
- A rain emitter which is brick colorable, meaning it takes on the same color as the brick that emits it.
- Heavy cloud (brick colorable) and Thunder cloud emitters
- A lightning emitter (brick colorable)
- An old favorite, the Thick Fog emitter for all your crazy giant fog needs (also brick colorable)

**How to use properly** 4 easy steps to making a weather sandwich:

1 - Build a baseplate, size 64x64, and give it either of the two Weather Cloud emitters. Clouds will start appearing overhead

2 - Cover that baseplate with baseplates of whatever size (the smaller the baseplates, the more rain you'll have). Give each of those plates the Weather Rain or Weather Snow emitter, recolour the plates to get the rain colour you want. Now it should start raining/snowing over those plates.

If you made rain, keep going

2 (continued) - If you want lightning, cover those plates with another set of plates and give all of them the Weather Lightning emitter, recolor the plates to get the desired lightning effect.

3 - Now cover those plates with more plates of the SAME DIMENSIONS as the plates you used for the rain emitters. So if you used 16x16 plates for the rain, you should have 16x16 plates for the next emitters. Now give each of these new plates the Weather Rain Splash emitter. Recolor the bricks to get the desired splash color.

4 - Cover those with a final set of baseplates, recolour them to whatever colour you want and you're done!

Cool Emitter Specifics:
- Every emitter denoted with Offset in their names will emit particles far away from the bricks, so you don't need to make any floating bricks.
- Rain and Snow fly towards their emitter bricks but do not go through them completely (save the 4x4 rain emitter, more on that in the description file). Once they reach the bricks, they are timed to die out, so they never pass through.
- All emitters are multi-directional and NOT affected by gravity except one part of the snow emitter, so you can have crazy stuff like rain coming out of the floor!
- Most emitters are meant for baseplates, HOWEVER I have included some rain/rain splash and snow emitters for use with smaller bricks that spit out the equivalent of the larger bricks. Look at the zip's description for details.

UPDATE!

Added an extra set of each emitter so you can span them with bricks set mid-air. That should give you guys a bit more flexibility around things you already built. So now the pack has the original weather emitters (denoted with Offset by their names in the GUI) and the new emitters. All emitter names start with W.

***The exact height the rain and snow will fall from these new emitters is 400 plates, in other words, a stack of 40 4x blocks. They spawn from the brick, 1 plate, and fall for 398 plates before vanishing in the 399th plate. That's the specifics for ya.

These emitters are fairly advanced and require experimentation to get used to, but I assure you they're top-notch quality and will allow you to make some really nifty special effects around your builds. Please play around with them and Enjoy!

Screenshots

Download
particle_WeatherBuild.zip (Last Updated: Fri May 01, 2009 11:36 am)

Installation
Put particle_WeatherBuild.zip into the Add-Ons folder in your Blockland folder.

Click Here to view this file on the RTB Download Manager
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 10:36:48 AM by Muffinmix »

lovey win. Very helpful in many different builds, I like.

Nice!

If blockland worked for me I'd be all over these.

Awsome...Just pure awsomeness
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 10:38:28 PM by Frontrox »

These look pretty well made, nice job.

Make it so that it can work like an emitter (In order to be able to shoot rain downwards, from a higher point). I wan this because I would like to make a weather system to an already exiting city that I have.

Make it so that it can work like an emitter (In order to be able to shoot rain downwards, from a higher point). I recommend this because I would like to make a weather system to an already exiting city that I have.

Make it so that it can work like an emitter (In order to be able to shoot rain downwards, from a higher point). I wan this because I would like to make a weather system to an already exiting city that I have.

Sorry, no.

About time you release this grandpa.

Is there a way to make them NOT go threw bricks?

lovey win. Very helpful in many different builds, I like.

Is there a way to make them NOT go threw bricks?

I highly doubt it. Maybe if I made them into debris or something but even then.