Author Topic: Spawn-Logo  (Read 17215 times)

Stolen or not, it's pretty nice :D

I was unaware that golden block made something like this when I made mine, Its not stolen.
If you really want to be annoying, post the code of both add-ons, and you'll probably see that they are not the same. (I am not sure how similar they are because I have never even read the addon that you said I stole this from.

Enhance your vocabulary. :D
And i have compared scripts. I will admit that you didn't directly copy it.. But, im still skeptical of whether or not you changed stuff around.

Guys, this fails, whether it was stolen or not. If people don't change the image path (which most people won't since it requires more work than just replacing the image, and most people who use this will probably screw that up anyway if they try), then...

once ONE person changes it.. Anyone going into any server in that has this will display the same image.

Enhance your vocabulary. :D
And i have compared scripts. I will admit that you didn't directly copy it.. But, im still skeptical of whether or not you changed stuff around.

I didn't copy it from his script, I copied it from my brain.

EDIT:
Guys, this fails, whether it was stolen or not. If people don't change the image path (which most people won't since it requires more work than just replacing the image, and most people who use this will probably screw that up anyway if they try), then...

If people cannot successfully edit something as extremely simple as this, then they probably will not be ones to change it in the first place! A perfect example of this is gikon's rules script. (At least I think it was gikon) People can mess that up by editing it, just like they can mess anything else up, but are the people messing it up the people who are editing it, no, most servers with the mod have the default rules ending with something about a cat.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 06:52:43 PM by BobAndRob »

]Stolen.
This was made by golden block
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=64728.0
reported ;D
btw tard, that was made specially for the clan becuz its a golden brick and the clan is the Golden Brick and this one shows welcome message and as far as I know, not many ppl lok in the clan discussion until they are looking for a clan or made 1

I didn't copy it from his script, I copied it from my brain.

EDIT:
If people cannot successfully edit something as extremely simple as this, then they probably will not be ones to change it in the first place! A perfect example of this is gikon's rules script. (At least I think it was gikon) People can mess that up by editing it, just like they can mess anything else up, but are the people messing it up the people who are editing it, no, most servers with the mod have the default rules ending with something about a cat.

Gikon's Rules script was easier than this. And yes.. I know how to change this. But still dude.. This shouldn't be an add-on. which is probably the reason why Golden Block didn't release it.

On that note:

"Add-ons should be complete, and fully functional"
-RTB addon submission complainant

btw tard, that was made specially for the clan becuz its a golden brick and the clan is the Golden Brick and this one shows welcome message and as far as I know, not many ppl lok in the clan discussion until they are looking for a clan or made 1

Sure, i might be a tard. But at least i have decent grammar.

We can all read his post fine, grammar is an issue but don't blow it out of ploportion.

And I am just going to hate seeing that default smiley face logo over and over again.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 07:11:35 PM by dUMBELLS »

Tom

I looked at the coding, and it is very difference.
Its like my Toggle Player Lights script. A few people thought it was stolen because Nix posted a similar script in Suggestions and Request, but I never noticed.

The smiley thing is somewhat ugly.

And I am just going to hate seeing that default smiley face logo over and over again.
Just blank the file ; )

LOL THE IRONY.

-snip-
I can change what it is, although I did put a good bunch of time into thinking of how to make the welcome image as generic as possible. Do you have something better in mind?

-snip-

1)  "Add-ons should be complete, and fully functional"
-RTB addon submission complainant

2)  Sure, i might be a tard. But at least i have decent grammar.
1)  Would you care as to explain how this Add-On is not "complete and fully functional" and yes you are an "addon submission complainant"
2)  Oh really... Not based on what you just said, you have no valid arguments.

I looked at the coding, and it is very difference.
Its like my Toggle Player Lights script. A few people thought it was stolen because Nix posted a similar script in Suggestions and Request, but I never noticed.

1)  The smiley thing is somewhat ugly.
2)  Just blank the file ; )

LOL THE IRONY.
1)  Would you like to make a better one?
2)  That would defeat the purpose of this Add-On
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 07:30:53 PM by BobAndRob »

Tom

I think just some plain text that says "Welcome to my server" in like Impact would look nice.

The add-on already has almost no purpose, people will see there own logo anyways.

As much as I hate B&R (:D), I have to admit, this is simple enough that their are likely to be a couple of them out there.
I think he's just the first one to bother putting it on RTB...
Reading; MtnDew should.

perfect for mah rpg :D

I think just some plain text that says "Welcome to my server" in like Impact would look nice.

The add-on already has almost no purpose, people will see there own logo anyways.

Not quite. The Add-On does have a purpose now, but making it only display text would make it have no purpose because you could always just centerprint text if you wanted too, that is not what this mod is.

well excuse me for typing too fast that I don't correct myself. By the way, if you had decent grammar, your "I" would be capitalized.
lol I just realized I was wrong. They are both named GBserver. No one noticed that yet, wow.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 07:53:53 PM by dumdum566 »