Author Topic: Spawn-Logo  (Read 17201 times)

This mod was stolen. It's quite obvious he changed stuff around and released it.
Go suck a fat duck.

Make it use RTB or something similar and allow people to change the file path through that. If possible, build a list of all existing image files (in a preset folder, perhaps. Not the zip file as that is hard to edit) when starting the server and allow people to select one of those. This makes it easier to change the image displayed.

Yes, I did think of that... If somebody *cough* ephi *cough* would start approving add-ons again, I could submit an update and do that. (Providing that this does not fail because you cannot update failed addons (as I used to think I could))

Download
Server_SpawnLogo.zip (Last Updated: Wed May 06, 2009 3:23 pm)

Click Here to view this file on the RTB Download Manager
I personally like this, so if he decides to remove link... I reposted it.

Mods like this are pointless.  Players will be able to disable texture downloads in v12, rendering your custom "spawn logos" useless.
Is this all textures or certain textures? I'd like to be able to set it to download CI icons and item icons separately from some of the other stuff, if that's possible.

good job,but i already have one(from a failed script i DLed)

This mod was stolen. It's quite obvious he changed stuff around and released it.
Go suck a fat duck.
It's not that loving hard to make. You go suck a fat duck.

Question:
While editing the picture. I noticed it was 200x100... can it be a different size?

Question:
While editing the picture. I noticed it was 200x100... can it be a different size?
yes

Is this all textures or certain textures? I'd like to be able to set it to download CI icons and item icons separately from some of the other stuff, if that's possible.

Yeah, that does scare me!

id like to know about my pocket knife do you have a realese date

Nice script could come in handy for some people and also I like your pwning dms.. xD

I am siding with Pandan, and he has made add-on's before, so you bandwagoner's can loving move to a different topic.

I am siding with Pandan, and he has made add-on's before, so you bandwagoner's can loving move to a different topic.
It's not that loving hard to make. You go suck a fat duck.

This is from the first page:
My statement isn't ridiculous.
And im leaving it there. Because im sure you just looked at it and said "Ohhhh i can change it up a little bit.. make a stuffty logo for it.. and release it!"

Besides, this addon isn't very good. Because once ONE person changes it.. Anyone going into any server in that has this will display the same image.
This is from the fifth page:
Go suck a fat duck.

I just had to point this out. I thought that you were going to stop there? Also, as a side note, internet "arguments" are pointless. Both of you should just stop.

And, to get this topic back on track:

I actually think that this is something that can be a bit useful. This is probably your best add-on yet. Just try and put a lot of time into something and release stuff every now and then. It is better than releasing a bunch of crappy stuff. Lastly, I didn't even know a bout the one that everybody accused him of "stealing". This really sounds like a simple script though, so there is the possibility of it having been stolen. I just think that it is unlikely.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 06:58:34 PM by Fusion »