Author Topic: Left 4 Block- No Mercy  (Read 7410 times)

To celebrate me getting the full version, I began a build I wanted to do for ages- recreating Left 4 Dead's demo. Here's some WIP shots:

"To anyone who can hear this! Precede to Mecy Hospital for evacuation!"
The rooftop startpoint, where the WEAKEST of the weapons appear. Also of note is the various other details up here NOT in the pic- notably the stairs down and the pair of breaking skylights.

A interior shot of the apartments, and the dead-end stairway.

A saferoom for resting and recouperation before sallying forth into hell once more. Also entering here will remove ALL the zombies trigged by your passing before, meaning the players will not need to worry bout back attacks.

Upon exiting the safehouse, you are greeted by this sight,

Getting to the terminal isnt that hard if you use the vents, though some of the zombies may want to check your ticket as well :D

Using the second-tier machine gun to mow down a few fasts before saving everything again.

There's plenty to do now though. I only got a few things on the Apartments area done, and the Subway is only up to up the terminal steps- need to run onto the wharehouse area for more detailism

A couple of gimmicks I'm working on though-

Hidden weapons:
-The Flak Cannon is probably one of the easiest to get to, though it's well-hidden in plain sight.
-The Medigun can be found in the Apartment starting area as well, same with a spare second-tier shotgun.
-The Lupara can be found in the vents.
-The Flamethrower can quickly torch many enemies, and can be found in a fake wall in the terminal area.

Gas station:

Well, I don't plan on making it go all the way through the No Mercy area (due to a lax in Elevators atm) though I wanna make this climatic explosion happen anyway- thus, in the Apartment area, a gas station is gonna appear. And, if a certain area of the pumps are hit, it will ASPLOAD with a powerful explosion of deadly doom. Probably mininuke blast.

Last Stand area:

Like the original area, at the end of the subway, a survival situation will happen as well. When the lights and the sliding door are activated, there will be a huge horde that is summoned- including the only Tank instance in this current build. To assist aliviating the strain, a survivor team will be able to find Sahsa sitting nearby- ready for killing some tiny cowards!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 03:03:54 PM by Trinity Armory »

All of your pictures are blank. I even copied the URL from your post and it came up as a blank page.

try using photobucket or something instead of a forum to host pictures

Looks pretty good, actually.

Looks pretty good, actually.
/agree

Could use more furniture and other obstacles/props. Also, any pics of the streets from the apartments to subway?

/agree

Could use more furniture and other obstacles/props. Also, any pics of the streets from the apartments to subway?

That be part of the WIP, and what I am doing now.

Shame I can't seem to host, or I'd do a build party

Looks good so far, but it needs some touching up on what you showed us.
Other than that, it's ok looking, 7ish/10.  Assuming that this is based on an actual level, I recommend adding some links to reference pics so people can rate accordingly.

You're using 2 of my add-ons.

+Respect

It's more like mostly similar, not 100% correct. After all, I only played the demo, so memory isn't as great bout locations. Working on the apartment now though, adding interiors and stuff like gernades and pills...

PILLS HERE!

As for addons, I set up a sorta level of weapons per category- automatics, shotgun, pistol, explosives, rifles, and melee. Expect more weapons to be seen as we go on.

Its good, but needs a bit more detail.

7/10

Lets hope if your gonna make Death Toll make it good.

Incoming
...ban. He didn't ask for a rating.

That's not bannable. At least, I've never seen someone get banned for a rating that wasn't stupid. (Ex: "-14125/10")