Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5812257 times)

NEI is very useful.
I do actually agree with TheArmyGuy.
Players shouldn't have to rely on wikis nor mods to be able to craft the more complex stuff.
Though i am pretty sure that finding out crafting recipes is part of the magic of Minecraft.
On the other hand, some of the more complex items (redstone comperator and the such) are hard to understand for some people, let alone finding out how to craft them.
Some findable books or something might help, i am not sure though.
At least something to explain and show the newer players that there is some more complex stuff you can do.

Though i am pretty sure that finding out crafting recipes is part of the magic of Minecraft.
I wouldn't describe it at all as "magic".

To be fair, there is no magic at all in Minecraft, haha.
But okay, i meant it more as a kind of saying.
The magic of something, the strength of something, what makes something good or at least what makes something that specific something.
Alright?

I wouldn't either. Today I had trouble making a clay pot for flowers and I was p sure you should make it out of clay (#logic), but it turns out you make it out of loving bricks. I had to check the wiki for that

To be fair, there is no magic at all in Minecraft, haha.
But okay, i meant it more as a kind of saying.
The magic of something, the strength of something, what makes something good or at least what makes something that specific something.
Alright?
i know what you meant, and I don't like it one bit sir this is the internet grumblegrulbme :(

I'll come, got nothing better to do.
Can you whitelist me? I'm Gizmo784.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 11:28:40 AM by Brickitect »

I'll come, got nothing better to do.
Can you whitelist me? I'm Gizmo784.
PM me an app with this format: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/servers/pc-servers/survival-servers/2151983-kx-craft-mindcrack-like
I can't just whitelist you, youll probably break everyones house and x-ray for diamonds

« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 06:22:13 PM by Brickitect »

So i finally boot up minecraft again since forever ago and i try to host a vanilla minecraft server. I go to add server ops and i come back to this stuff

i've tried putting things IN the brackets, outside of the brackets anything with the brackets.

How the heck do i do this? I don't even remember brackets being a part of the op list function

weren't you able to op people from the console?

weren't you able to op people from the console?
Not something I prefer to do nor am I completely familiar with

So no, i'm too ignorant of how things work now to do that.

just do op playername in console

it's always just been one playername per line in ops.txt but maybe 1.7 changed that

thanks, i'll just do that for now on