Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it

Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5780141 times)

Two main reasons I think.

The first is that, when the game is published, the game's class files are obfuscated, and everyone waits for the Mod Coder Pack to give modders a straight-forward list of what class does what, so modifications can be made accordingly.

The second is just because the architecture of the game changes between updates. As a somewhat obvious example, when the menu was updated in 1.7.*, modders that still had their configuration menus based upon the old configuration had to change it to match the new system.

The only thing I hate about the update is Minecarts Derailing, that broke my entire rail system.

Either someone makes a mod that removes derailing or I'll stick to a old version until it gets fixed.

Also hopefully Microsoft fixes things that Mojang never bothered to fix, like Faster updates, maybe even proper mod support and a server browser!

Two main reasons I think.

The first is that, when the game is published, the game's class files are obfuscated, and everyone waits for the Mod Coder Pack to give modders a straight-forward list of what class does what, so modifications can be made accordingly.

The second is just because the architecture of the game changes between updates. As a somewhat obvious example, when the menu was updated in 1.7.*, modders that still had their configuration menus based upon the old configuration had to change it to match the new system.
I basically got used to this, I'm still going to stick to 1.7.10 for a while, that way modders can update their mods and then I'll move to 1.8, however by then something like 1.8.5 is going to be released...so your always in some sort of delay.

wasn't 1.7.10 out for almost a year before 1.8?

wasn't 1.7.10 out for almost a year before 1.8?
Around 285 days, yes

I just want RedPower to be updated. apparently Eloraam is working on it, but it's still only working with 1.4.6...

Around 285 days, yes

Which makes me wonder how Forge is still in "beta" for 1.7.10. Hell, FTB and Tekkit are still both 1.6.4, unless you play FTBs unstable build.

I just want RedPower to be updated. apparently Eloraam is working on it, but it's still only working with 1.4.6...
A lot of people have made mods to replace RedPower, so I would just give up on it in favor of said mods.

A lot of people have made mods to replace RedPower, so I would just give up on it in favor of said mods.
oh MY GOD
idk why I never just googled for something like that before but ty king ily

oh MY GOD
idk why I never just googled for something like that before but ty king ily
<3

ProjectRed very yes.
Damn straight, brother.

can anyone help me understand why this is happening

I haven't installed minecraft mods in forever, apparently we use .jar files now, so idk if I'm doing this right?
I ran the Minecraft Forge executable and no errors occurred or anything, then I stuck the CodeChicken and all the ProjectRed .jars in the mod folder, and ran the Forge profile with the launcher, and as far as I know I didn't miss any instructions, so I'm confused

Try reading installation guides for the mods you're installing.

I just watched a video about Minecraft Forge, and I did that right
but both the CodeChicken and ProjectRed stuff just told me to put their .jar files into the mods folder, which I did

oh lol. nvm. I figured out why. basically, I'm just a dork
(I downloaded the CodeClib file instead of the CodeChickenCore one)

yeah it's working fine now

I started yet another city with hollywood.

Two years later! We have come back and made progress!