Author Topic: Console Commands  (Read 15417 times)

Well, I wanted to know a lot more of these "findclientbyname() " commands in the console.

Like setplayerscale(below) and when people do these things like: NO findclientbyame().player.kill(); .

And also, I wanted to do the "setplayerscale" one; so can anyone who is reading this(of course, someone who can)list this
command?

So can someone list various commands?

findClientByName("YourName").player.setPlayerScale("# # #"); should do player scale. (Replace # with the scale size. I don't know for sure if this command works.)

A personal favorite of mine: Look at something considered AI, i.e. tank turret or zombie, type /getid, and then in the console type Findclientbyname(Yourname).player.mountobject(ObjectID,Nodenumber1-9); replacing objectID with the number you get from the slash command and nodenumber1-9 with a number to denote what body node to choose. This will mount the zombie/tank turret/other to your player.

Thanx, regulith, for setplayerscale and I know another one that's like the one you listed: findclientbyname().setcontrolobject(vehicleID or bot); .
:D

OH! now i get it! 8D

Thank you SO much!

An awesome way to do setControlObject is like this:

Name the vehicle spawn v
do localClientConnection.setCont rolObject(_v.vehicle);
Bam, you control that vehicle.
To fix, hit f7 or type localClientConnection.setCont rolObject(localclientconnection.player);

Here's one
findclientbyname("personsname").player.changedatablock("HorseArmor");  - that changes person into a horse

findclientbyname(Name).player.delete(); :3

commandToClient(findClientByName("Name"),'doupdates');

findclientbyname(Name).player.delete(); :3
Aaaaahhhhhhh.

Deletes the physical player.
Makes the person see a glitchy screen and have no control whatsoever, other than typing.

Deletes the physical player.
Makes the person see a glitchy screen and have no control whatsoever, other than typing.

>:D

Many uses.

Tip: Did you know the console can very easily be used to do event-like things?

Start the console command with one of these:

findClientByName("Truce"). (Targets a client whose name you type in)
findClientByName("Truce").player. (Targets a player whose name you type in)
_SomeBrick. (Targets a brick; the brick's name is "SomeBrick", put "_" before it)

Then you just put a client, player, or self event after it, like so:

findClientByName("Truce").chatMessage("Hello World!");
findClientByName("Truce").player.addVelocity("0 0 10");
_SomeBrick.disappear(5);

Easy, right? For a list of the events, just open up the wrench events menu on a brick!