Author Topic: Block City Version 3  (Read 24099 times)

This will come in handy for the city im making.  :cookie: for you.  :cookieMonster: COOOOKIEZ!!!

2 little thing....dose it already set a price on bricks not like a master price but like 1 dolar for a 1x1 brick and 5 dollar for a 1x4 ramp

Crossposting this from the ScatteredSpace forums to answer your question and others that may arise.

ScatteredSpace's Block City

Block City is a non-released script that is designed and written by KINEX. It was first created in early march of 2009 and has been continually updated. The goal for users who join Block City is to chop trees or mine in order to gain Blocks. Blocks allow users to plant Bricks to build. Most Bricks only cost one Block, while planting a baseplate on the ground or purchasing resources may vary in cost.

Table of Contents
What is Block City?
What are Blocks?

What is Block City?
Block City is an ever-increasing build that is created by multiple users. New users who join the server start out with 150 Blocks. A user can plant any Baseplate (except the 16x32 Baseplate which is currently damaged) on the ground to start building. Users MUST PLANT a baseplate before beginning to build. Once the player has found a place to build, their baseplate must be aligned properly. The user's Baseplate must be touching two other Baseplates in order to be planted.

Baseplate Costs:
  • 16x16 Baseplate = 25 Blocks
  • 32x32 Baseplate = 100 Blocks
  • 48x48 Baseplate = 200 Blocks
  • 64x64 Baseplate = 400 Blocks
Note: Baseplates only cost one Block when not planted on the ground!

Players are not restricted to building just within the lot area. If the build is interfering with another lot area, however, it may be removed.
Good quality builds can cause users to be granted VIP status within the server.

What are Blocks?
Blocks are the currency of Block City. Blocks allow you to purchase Bricks, Baseplates, Resources, and even VIP. New users start out with 150 Blocks. A user can gain more Blocks by a few ways.

User can gain Blocks by:
  • Chopping Trees by using the Axe tool
  • Mining Ores and Gems by using the Digger tool
  • Participating in the DeathMatch arena

All Bricks, other than Baseplates that have been planted on the ground, and Resources cost one Block.

To view how many Blocks you have, simply type /playerblocks or /help stats

There are two ways of finding out how many Blocks a user has:
/playerblocks [BL_ID]
/playerblocks [USERNAME]

To give your Blocks to another user, you can do so by using either of these two commands:
/giveblocks [AMOUNT] [BL_ID]
/giveblocks [AMOUNT] [USERNAME]

I Have one question about the DM it says you joined  a DM arena is there a way to make a spawn to go into the one arena you made or do you just use the Minigame spawn brick in the special bricks tab?

Does it only work on dedicated servers like Cityrp?

It runs perfectly fine on non-dedicated servers.

It runs perfectly fine on non-dedicated servers.

Block City gains 1 bonus point.

It should be that Trees give all brown mono bricks, stones give grey tone mono bricks, gems give trans bricks. Deathmatch is random.

Also, cost of the brick should come from the volume of it. a 2x4x1 should cost 8, a 1x1x1 should cost 1.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 12:56:56 PM by Zenthos »

What prevents it from working on a LAN server?
Also, what about single player servers?

I Have one question about the DM it says you joined  a DM arena is there a way to make a spawn to go into the one arena you made or do you just use the Minigame spawn brick in the special bricks tab?
If no DM spawn point is placed, it should use regular spawn points.

Does it only work on dedicated servers like Cityrp?
Please read the original post fully before asking such questions. It was stated in the second paragraph that it can be used in both dedicated and non-dedicated servers.

Tommy is a litle late for comments. But I had this on for 1 server day and it was quite fun... At least its not another modified CityRP. Also, I liked the idea of banking and jailing, shouldn't that be added?

Tommy is a litle late for comments. But I had this on for 1 server day and it was quite fun... At least its not another modified CityRP. Also, I liked the idea of banking and jailing, shouldn't that be added?

The suggestion to add things such as jobs and jailing have been brought up before. My answer to this suggestion is that I will never officially include something like that into this Add-On. This Add-On is not intended to be a "RP" script (though I suppose you could use it as one), but rather create a way to (usually) have a collaborative build of a city with some restrictions set in place. The script attempts to reward users for good builds (VIP), help users build in the right area (Alignment), gives them something to do other than build (Separate DM area), and attempts to restrict players slightly by forcing them to obtain more Blocks (Currency).

The idea of storing Blocks somehow other than on a user is interesting though, and I have been pondering how I could properly pull it off script-wise.

i didn't understand a word you said

most likelly because im not a scripter

No

Lol, its funny, he's not talking about scripts...

That's all right. Its fun as-is.