Author Topic: How to Make Weapons for Blockland - The Up-To-Date version. (As of 2 years ago)  (Read 84255 times)

HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE SIZE OF A JOINT?!?!?

HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE SIZE OF A JOINT?!?!?

i dont think you can..

don't use caps leif
Sorry and aware your right you cant you have to change the size of the model.
but i still have a question.
When i tried out my mod it didn't have any colors, do you need to somehow include the colors
In your mod?

This should be stickied. The other one, the pictures don't show up!

uhm...wtf?

i did everything it said and it was about to load objects when it blacked out and disconnected

This should be stickied. The other one, the pictures don't show up!

if you read the last post...

Quote from: Masterlegodude
Necropost

Also, this topic should be deleted, it's outdated, this could be confusing to modders, until then

srry i couldent get a corect quote but thats what it is

bump because i need my problem fixed :C

You need gunshell.dts in your zip file.
You can find it in the Weapon_gun.zip folder.

Crap, I'm getting the same problem like some other people. I can't export or import, which is starting to get annoying. I took quite some time on this weapon and I still can't save >.>:

Maybe you can give some people the setup for Milkshape3D 1.8.2?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 03:44:15 AM by Kenjo28 »

You need gunshell.dts in your zip file.
You can find it in the Weapon_gun.zip folder.
<hug>

How do i put my materials to the zip???

I had the same problem as Kenjo, i have to register it :l

uhm...wtf?

i did everything it said and it was about to load objects when it blacked out and disconnected

It seems you're missing a file called gunShell.dts in your add-on .zip file. It's a script problem, open up your script and Find (ctrl+F) gunShell.dts. The go look in other weapon files that DON'T use gun shells and see what they're doing to remedy the fact that they're not using any gun shells.

If you want to use gun shells and specifically gunShell.dts as your gun shell shape, go look at how other add-ons load shapes from other add-on .zip folders (you want to avoid copying files needlessly when everyone has them or when they're supplied atleast once in your add-on).

Crap, I'm getting the same problem like some other people. I can't export or import, which is starting to get annoying. I took quite some time on this weapon and I still can't save >.>:

Maybe you can give some people the setup for Milkshape3D 1.8.2?

Milkshape isn't free, did you buy it?

How do i put my materials to the zip???

Make a folder called weapon_ then the name of your weapon (e.g. weapon_supergun).
Place all Texture files in that folder
Open your modeling program and create new materials, then load the textures from inside your weapon_ folder, one material per texture as needed.
Assign the materials, and export the file wherever. Put the file in your Weapon_ folder, .zip it, and you're done.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 02:20:02 PM by Muffinmix »