Author Topic: Block Island 2 - Dark  (Read 6988 times)

Map: Block Island 2 - Dark
A repeating terrain map.

Description
This map was originally used for Block City. The water does not float users, but rather sends them to the sea floor at high velocities. The fog distance encompasses the size of an island to ensure that latency issues due to a high brick count are not a problem.

This version of Block Islands is updated to give a more pleasing fog distance and color. The skybox has also been altered to give a darker feel to the map.

Screenshots

Download
Map_BlockIsland2Dark.zip

Grass Texture: Change
Try using the grass texture from slate fields or Alpines.

Simpleness: Change
Make it more interesting like an island chain, not just one single island that repeats, on and on and on.

Overall I love the change, nice skybox and good job fixing fog.

This is not me flaming you it is me giving you constructive criticism, to make it better.

Very good, only thing that bugs me is the grass.

Grass Texture: Change
Try using the grass texture from slate fields or Alpines.

Simpleness: Change
Make it more interesting like an island chain, not just one single island that repeats, on and on and on.

Overall I love the change, nice skybox and good job fixing fog.
This is not me flaming you it is me giving you constructive criticism, to make it better.

By the picture, he didnt fix the fog, he just tryed to make the fog look better, ONCE AGAIN you have to un-tick noRenderBans in the Sky section to fix that fog!

By the picture, he didnt fix the fog, he just tryed to make the fog look better, ONCE AGAIN you have to un-tick noRenderBans in the Sky section to fix that fog!

I have taken your suggestion and have modified the .mission file as needed. Your suggestion has in-fact improved the look of the map. Thank you.

Re-download the map if you have already downloaded it.

I Agree with ZSNO. Idc about taking sides, im taking sides. :cookieMonster: DIE BISHEZ

I Agree with ZSNO. Idc about taking sides, im taking sides.

If you have actually read the entire thread you would have read two posts above your's that I say ZSNO's suggestion was included into the map.

Read before you post.

Where'd you get the sky? :o

It's very nice. It's good too, but it'd be awesome if you put two of them in one Add-On file.

Where'd you get the sky? :o

It's very nice. It's good too, but it'd be awesome if you put two of them in one Add-On file.

The skybox is a default Blockland skybox. This is done so that there are no issues for people who download the map off of a server since a .dml file cannot be downloaded to a client from a server; preventing skybox downloading from servers.

The skybox is a default Blockland skybox. This is done so that there are no issues for people who download the map off of a server since a .dml file cannot be downloaded to a client from a server; preventing skybox downloading from servers.
Which one? I've never seen that one in a default map.

The map has been updated thanks to the help of Blastdown!

What's changed in this version:
  • Much more nighttime look instead of a dusk look.
  • Water fits more with the given atmosphere.

A low-quality screenshot of the update to the map:

Use the link in the original post to download the latest version of Block Island 2 - Dark.

The update can also be downloaded here:
Map_BlockIsland2Dark.zip