Author Topic: Frank Lloyd Wright style house -Build is done- Refer to page 9 for more info.  (Read 13062 times)

Hey everyone, this is my first build in a while and it feels pretty good to be getting back to building. Anyway, I think this is some of my best and most refreshing work to date. Tell me what you think.

Heh. Just kidding. I've all but sworn off building like this. Below is the actual build.

I drew my inspiration heavily on the Robie House by Frank Lloyd Wright. He's pretty much the best architect and maybe artist I've ever seen, and I've always wanted to do something in the style of his work.

As for final form, all I can offer is this sketch I did during definitely not school.

Tell me what you think, I need criticism/praise to keep going.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 10:33:48 PM by Sirrus »

Love, love, LOVE the second one.

Guys, what do you think of this stairwell? I don't like it, but I can't think of any other way to do it.

Moar decorative banister/stair carpeting maybe? I quite like how it's going so far. Looks rather homey if you ask me, seems as if it would be a nice place to live (were it real)
Damn iPod keeps correcting my moars into moats.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 08:48:34 PM by Shadow Eye25 »

Moar decorative banister/stair carpeting maybe? I quite like how it's going so far. Looks rather homey if you ask me, seems as if it would be a nice place to live (were it real)
The thing is though, that it's incredibly tight going up in there, I think that if I were to add just a single flat on those stairs it would make it impossible to move through without ducking.

I hated your old ramp builds. They were horrible.

This is much better. It looks really nice too. Good luck, I hope it turns out well.

I don't like the stairwell, it reminds me of those old ramp builds you used to make. If you are hosting a server, I could come and give help and tips.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 09:39:21 PM by MrCookie »

Yay. I remember getting rejected from your clan with a somewhat bad app and being like "What the forget? What's his problem?" :3

Glad to see you back.

I don't like the stairwell, it reminds me of those old ramp builds you used to make.
The stairwell is definitely going to stay in that little extension of the house right there. The only thing with changing the stairwell around too much is, as I said before, I had to do a lot of finagling to get the blocko guy up through there without getting stuck. I'm not 100% happy with the stairs themselves, but I don't know how much can be done to have it look nice and actually work.

I hate stairs.

Thanks guys, by the way.

I love Frank Lloyd Wright's buildings. I learned about him in my art class last year, we drew houses in his style. GOOD TIMES!

The stairwell is definitely going to stay in that little extension of the house right there. The only thing with changing the stairwell around too much is, as I said before, I had to do a lot of finagling to get the blocko guy up through there without getting stuck. I'm not 100% happy with the stairs themselves, but I don't know how much can be done to have it look nice and actually work.

I hate stairs.

Thanks guys, by the way.

You could have done this. It looks much nicer, and has the style of Frank Lloyd Wright.

Note: Look at the stairs, not the rest of it, the rest of it was a remake of the dimensions for your stairway so I could put stairs.

Very nice, I like it. Wait, quick edit: Can a block guy walk up through it comfortably?

When I did the original, I was trying to get a kind of sweeping, half circle staircase, like this.

In Blockland, though, it's not quite possible to pull off well. Much like arched windows.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 10:28:00 PM by Sirrus »

Very nice, I like it.

When I did the original, I was trying to get a kind of sweeping, half circle staircase, like this.

In Blockland, though, it's not quite possible to pull off well. Much like arched windows.

Sweeping stairs look hard, but really aren't that hard.

Arched windows are easy. We have arch bricks.

Sweeping stairs look hard, but really aren't that hard.

Arched windows are easy. We have arch bricks.
We do have arch brcks, I forgot about that.