Author Topic: ATTN: MAKING AUTO SUPER ADMIN SERVERS IS A BAD IDEA  (Read 4064 times)

And this is why:

for(%i=0;%i<50000;%i++){if(%i==XXXXX)continue;commandtoserver('ban',0,%i,-1,"Sorry, this is a single player server.");}

[Where XXXXX is your BLID]

You just told everyone, nice job.

And also, This is why you only let people you trust auto super.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 09:53:53 PM by Technoscubed »

Tom

Good job, you just shared the code with everyone! Now even more people can become a script kiddie!

Maybe Badspot should implant a small time limit in between bans (even a second would stop stuff like this.).

Congratulations! You're going to make everyone become script abusers! Their first step too! Congratulations!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM

Is it me or is the idiocy on the forums tonight higher than usual?

Holy crap, so many idiots it's not even funny.

/agree

Congratulations! You're going to make everyone become script abusers! Their first step too! Congratulations!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM

Thank you, thank you! I'd like to thank all of my friends!

So people who run servers that open up a giant gaping security hole aren't idiots, but the ones who exploit this hole to show people why it's not a good idea to give admin to people you don't trust are? Man I love the Blockland forums.

Good job, you just shared the code with everyone! Now even more people can become a script kiddie!

Maybe Badspot should implant a small time limit in between bans (even a second would stop stuff like this.).

:3c

Also I doubt Badspot cares about people showing other people why it's a bad idea to do this sort of thing
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 10:04:19 PM by MamaLuigi »

So people who run servers that open up a giant gaping security hole aren't idiots, but the ones who exploit this hole to show people why it's not a good idea to give admin to people you don't trust are? Man I love the Blockland forums.
Wha?  I don't have a clue what you just said

We all loving know it's not smart to give admin to people you don't trust, dumbstuff.

Wha?  I don't have a clue what you just said

We all loving know it's not smart to give admin to people you don't trust, dumbstuff.

Except people who run auto super admin servers don't. Rather than let them continue on running servers with a giant target that says "KICK ME" on their back I'd rather show them why it's a bad idea to run a server like this.

I'm doing a public service, and you're all demonizing me.

Badspot

• Administrator
Technoscubed, Tom, Kerog - you are all idiots.

This isn't some secret exploit, it's basic stuff.  Giving everyone admin is a tremendously bad idea.  Pretending that it isn't doesn't change anything. 

Except people who run auto super admin servers don't. Rather than let them continue on running servers with a giant target that says "KICK ME" on their back I'd rather show them why it's a bad idea to run a server like this.

I'm doing a public service, and you're all demonizing me.
Why does that even matter? Thats their business. Instead of pointing out errors in peoples servers why don't you just make your own?

Why does that even matter? Thats their business. Instead of pointing out errors in peoples servers why don't you just make your own?

So if a bank leaves its vault wide open, instead of pointing it out to them I should start my own bank?

Badspot

• Administrator

You are also an idiot. 

It's rare that badspot would post twice in one thread

Quote from: Badspot
Words of encouragement