Author Topic: Minecraft: Blockland Edition  (Read 16530 times)

Oh for god sakes, Why do you need minecraft in blockland when you have minecraft?
It doesnt make sense.
Oh, But I do think this is cool, I guess. But i'd much rather play minecraft over this.

Oh for god sakes, Why do you need minecraft in blockland when you have minecraft?
It doesnt make sense.

Why am I doing this? Well, mainly to give me something to do, but there are quite a few features Blockland has that Minecraft doesn't, and which I may implement at some point. The most notable feature is a trust system, which Minecraft lacks.

Oh, But I do think this is cool, I guess. But i'd much rather play minecraft over this.

You ninja editer >:o
Yeah, I'm cool like that  :cookieMonster:
Also, Is the server up? I might come and check it out

It'd be neat if you could port stuff from Mincecraft to this and load dem up in Blawkland, I could see peoples work without having my eyes bleed.

Destiny and I hosted something similar to this, called Blockcraft.

Destiny and I hosted something similar to this, called Blockcraft.

Hmm didn't destiny have this?

I think he made his own version a couple months ago, but it lacked a lot of the features Minecraft and my version have.

Build and destroy mode should be usable tools with Q, a modified Hammer and Brick Placer. Jet to switch can be kept.

Some kind of message as to which kind of block you're using would help. Create several bricks and give them uiNames for the menu but make selecting any of them use the 4x cube as normal.

Ideas for some blocks:
Valve: Water cannot go through it, but players can. Perhaps replacing the Sponge as that seems to be cheating...
Support: Replaces Sand blocks (can't be placed anywhere else?) with a darker shade that doesn't fall. Some kind of limit on the number out at a time would be interesting.

A Spray Can for a limited number of colours on some of the blocks would be helpful.

Some kind of message as to which kind of block you're using would help. Create several bricks and give them uiNames for the menu but make selecting any of them use the 4x cube as normal.

I plan to do this pretty soon, but as for the other features, I probably won't look into them until after I have a 95%+ replica completed. I want to get Minecraft down first, but then I'm definitely going to be changing things that Minecraft falters at; sort of like what Minecraft would be if said feature was added.

Damn you Truce, I just started a Dwarf Fortress gamemode, and was going to ask you for help rooting out a hidden syntax error. I was going to PM you until I found I can't send PM's any more.

Damn you Truce, I just started a Dwarf Fortress gamemode, and was going to ask you for help rooting out a hidden syntax error.
Sounds awesome.