Should someone fix this?

Yes
102 (89.5%)
Maybe
3 (2.6%)
No
9 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Fix Bloxel Renderer (UPDATE)  (Read 6700 times)

Buggy renders

Somehow successful render by Space Guy

Another big one

The Bloxel renderer is a script that converts your builds into isometric images.

Did you remember the Bloxel renderer that was so epic years ago? It kinda worked, but it sometimes misses some bricks. It would've been epic still for now. By the way, for those who don't know, Badspot coded it himself.

We need this back and fully working.

Quote from: Space Guy
Bloxel.zip

Extract the file to your main Blockland folder.
While hosting your own server, open the console and type PixelExport();.
Go to config/client/BloxelExports and run either of the two batch files.
Enjoy the images.

Rename PixelCrap.txt (don't blame me, I didn't name it) to save the exported files without having to re-export them again. Included is the export file for Beta City.

All credits to Badspot.

I'm not going to post it in Add-Ons since it isn't really a proper Add-On and has strange installation methods.

UPDATE:

-> Try using it in a clean Blockland installation or just use default add-ons. It will render fine. There is an add-on or a group of add-ons that might be conflicting with it. I managed to render Ephialtes' cottage very precisely. (Post)

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 10:00:16 AM by Jaydee »

It might not work with non-default bricks.

It might not work with non-default bricks.

I shall test that one.

EDIT: Gah, it didn't work for the arches D:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 08:44:23 AM by Jaydee »

I'll see if it works for me

Hey there lovey isometric of my build.

Quote from: Space Guy
Bloxel.zip

Extract the file to your main Blockland folder.
While hosting your own server, open the console and type PixelExport();.
Go to config/client/BloxelExports and run either of the two batch files.
Enjoy the images.

Rename PixelCrap.txt (don't blame me, I didn't name it) to save the exported files without having to re-export them again. Included is the export file for Beta City.

All credits to Badspot.

I'm not going to post it in Add-Ons since it isn't really a proper Add-On and has strange installation methods.

You might be able to make it recognise arches in the same way as trees, but the rendering depth order should be fixed first...

Well, since I doubt Badspot feels like working on this, I say someone tries to fix this up as best they can.
It may be pretty hard though without Badspot's knowledge of how everything works in BL saves, bricks, and so on.

Maybe kompressor can do this, if he considers it fun again.

found this on badspot's deviantart

Tom

It would also be cool to make it read prints and content.

It would also be cool to make it read prints and content.
THat would require a c++ thing every time new content or a print comes out.  But it would be cool for letters, if it could fit that on.

Tom

THat would require a c++ thing every time new content or a print comes out.  But it would be cool for letters, if it could fit that on.
Not really, if someone doesn't mind manually programming the points of each pixel. Thats kinda how it works for roads.