[AoB] - 2010

Author Topic: [AoB] - 2010  (Read 68228 times)

AoB was Re-Launched for the 2010 year on 12/30/09 @ 6:21 PM [EST]

[Summary]
   The AoB (The Architects of Blockland) is dedicated to skillful building, while maintaining a membership of skilled and mature players. Our goal is to provide each and every player with an ideal environment for building and advancing their techniques. Membership does not grant you just a place in our community, but the ability to learn from colleagues, and to share your own unique building style through standalone builds and contributing to group builds. Come and knock on our door, we're waiting for you.

[History]
Note: This paragraph desperately needs rewriting, so I will be doing that soon.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away a man named General Jake hosted servers to work on large builds. Every time he hosted them, he had a lot of the same people come into the server and ask to help. After a while, he started to feel that they were almost like a "team" or "clan" of builders. That was when the idea was first spawned. A clan of Architects. But what to name this group... "The Architects of Blockland" seemed like a good one. As of today, our clan still has a growing population of members. Will you be one of them? All you have to do is apply. yes this is the same history paragraph I've used since 2007. Over the years, AoB has continued to build up a mature membership, community recognition and reputation, overall quality and maintained a pleasant, skilled building environment.

[Joining / Applying]

AoB is not currently accepting applications.

To apply to AoB, you must be able to build skillfully and have at least a bare basics knowledge of wrench events. AoB is first and foremost a building clan. For anybody who comes to the server saying "kan I join? I dunt build g00d but im kewl at events," this means you (That was a quote from a Blockhead, FYI).

Steps to apply:
      1) Build Your Application - The first step of applying to AoB is building your actual application. There are two choices of how to do so. You may build it in the AoB server, or you can build it on your own server; however, if you build it on your own server, or a friend's server, the application must be posted in the Gallery section of the Blockland Forums with good screenshots. In your gallery post, please do not use DOF Screenshots. If you do, you will be asked to re-take them. You may not load your application in the server. There are two requirements for an AoB application. First, your application must have an exterior. For example, a house must be finished on the outside, not just on the inside. Second, your application must have a unique interior. This means that, for example, if you are building a house, the interior walls should not consist of the same bricks used to construct the exterior. The interior should be planned and make sense. Don't build a fancy exterior and a small, undetailed interior just to satisfy the requirement. Terrain applications are not recommended. Your application will not be judged until step two is complete. When you finish your application in the server, or when you post it on the forum, let General Jake know, and you can move on to step two.
      2) Interview - Anybody that wants to apply for AoB will have a simple five minute interview with General Jake on the AoB server. There is no real preparation required for this, but don't just come into the server and expect an immediate interview. Please post on the forum, send a PM, or otherwise make some sort of rough time appointment beforehand with GJ. If you pass the interview, you may move to the final step of the application process.
      3) Judging - Once steps one and two have been completed, your application will be judged. Multiple members, chosen at random, will be shown your application anonymously to rate it. Ultimately, General Jake has the final say on applications, but judging results from the membership are regularly followed. If you pass the judging, you will become a member of AoB, rank R1, unless informed otherwise.

[Our Website]
The following link is the official AoB website, however it is no longer updated. It should be used as a source of AoB add-ons, which are still in use, but any and all information found on the website can be assumed to be outdated or false: http://www.docithe.com/AoB

[AoB Ranks]
If the ranking system is unclear, feel free to ask me any questions.
L D
A 2 3 4 5 G
R 2 3 4 5 B
T 2

Director
Leader
Guru
Architect
Builder
Recruit
Trainee

_____________________________ _______________

[AoB Member List]
[12 Members Currently]
(Sorted by rank and then alphabetically.)

- {P}General Jake [D]
 - *Magick* Mage [R5]
 - Casio [R3]
 - Glædr [R3]
 - Plasma [R3]
 - TruBluRage [R3]
 - Dante77 [R2]
 - Remousamavi [R2]
 - Black_Ninja [R1]
 - {P}Newt24 [R1]
 - {P}Trifax [R1]
 - momm3 [T2] (07/27/10)

_____________________________ _______________

[Topics of Interest]
HQ-
   Our HQ, for the year is complete! Currently the server does not host the HQ. There is a clan mansion build currently, and that is what is occupying the server at the moment!

AWARDS-
   I have not been good recently about saving awards from previous years. The 2010 AoB Awards shall be the first set of awards given out, which shall be recorded and displayed properly. The only awards that we have to be displayed previous to 2010, are the "Best Builder" and "Best Eventer" awards from 2008 and 2009.

PRINT PACK-
   Title: AoB Official Print Pack
   Summary: A print pack including 1x1 brick prints used around the AoB HQ and server.
   Author: General Jake
   Version: 5.0
   Last Updated: 07/13/10
   Download: Download Link (Note: This download is not available from RTB, nor the Add-on section of the forums!)

MANDATORY EVENTS-
   If a member fails to attend a mandatory event without prior notice to the Director, the member will be suspended for 2 weeks. If you can't come to something, tell us in advance and you will be excused.

CLASSES-
   Info on classes can be found here.

[Blacklist]
People listed below are blacklisted from AoB.
Gray names indicate someone that has appealed their blacklist status and are temporarily unbanned and on watch.
White names indicate someone that has been removed from blacklist status. These people's names will remain on this list in white.

(List is in alphabetical order.)

The Architect [10014] - Reason: Impersonating Plaz / Trying to Cause Trouble / History of Impersonating Blocklanders
Cookinet [992] - Reason: Connecting with multiple accounts
crazy builder [18342] - Reason: Posing as an AoB Member
Ephiliates [19791] - Reason: Impersonating Ephialtes / Threatening to Ban Me from AoB
james diep [16235] - Reason: Random Flaming / Childish Name Calling (On IRC, he said it was "for fun" when I confronted him with it after he left the game.)
Kjeld [5896] - Reason: Flaming / Acting like a noob / Childish comments
Lord Tony [5146] - Reason: Spamming with the intent to crash the server / Acting like a noob / Connecting with multiple accounts
Lord_Tony [14043] - Reason: Spamming with the intent to crash the server / Acting like a noob / Connecting with multiple accounts
Mr. Insert [14625] - Reason: Destroying builds.
Ownage [10353] - Reason: Hacking Threats
Pat [11622] - Reason: Flaming Members
Rhombus [18004] - Reason: Trolling / Attempting to Crash the Server
Sk8rGameFreak [6908] - Reason: Excessive Cursing / Flaming Members / Stealing AoB Builds / IRC Harassment
WackerZ [17457] - Reason: IRC Harassment / Trolling / Spamming
Ecksdee (Previously "Der Uberkampf") [14912] - Reason: Flaming
[TC9]OBlanzerO[GBLD] [18715] - Reason: Stealing AoB Builds (Photo)

Jenxas [15385] - Reason: Trolling

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 06:05:08 PM by General Jake »

Yey, it's coming back! I wish I had better building skills :P.

Yey, it's coming back! I wish I had better building skills :P.
You build pretty good.

You build pretty good.

What? The cafeteria on the iEvent campus was basically a lucky build. I could make a tower like that :D.

*Starts planing his tower in his mind*

What? The cafeteria on the iEvent campus was basically a lucky build. I could make a tower like that :D.

*Starts planing his tower in his mind*
There ya go.

Finally, a nice clan layout and a nice clan overall.

WIN

WIN
Lol?

Me in Building? :D

Also, i'll apply for eventing sometime soon.

WIN

This has been around for such before anything appeared, than BBC. (Blockland Builders' Club).

It's the first clan since Blockland started using the clan tags option.

This has been around for such before anything appeared, than BBC. (Blockland Builders' Club).

It's the first clan since Blockland started using the clan tags option.
lol, no I know. Lol. I meant like, a nice layout, I just said, "Glad to see your back!" in a wierd way, I misput words lol.

I'm not sure why but I get a great vibe from this clan. The owner appears to be smart, it's very organized, and appears to be coding the site himself. Kudos.