Author Topic: How to hack into the password for Netgear router setup page?  (Read 13586 times)

I am trying to port forward for Blockland, but the Netgear setup page has it's own username and password. It's not the default, and my dad won't tell me what it is. He won't let me reset the router ever, mainly due to my brother, who is a friend. How do you hack into this page to find the username and password for the setup?

We're not wizards. We can't magically hack your router in your house in your state on your continent.

If your dad won't give the password(s) to you, give up.

You could use brute force, but it would take too long.

Try guessing.

Or you could crash your server at home, and try to get on during the restart process.

Try guessing.

Or you could crash your server at home, and try to get on during the restart process.

This isn't Mission Impossible, Why would a router allow access to itself during a restart, and why would it enable access before it enables authentication? Try if you want, but not even Tom Cruise could pull that stuff off.

If there were guides on the internet to hacking past passworded routers, I'm guessing the issues would get fixed. Your best bet is to whack a keylogger on someone's PC and grab it. You can even hum the MI theme tune.

what you do, is buy an identical router as new. then switch it with the old one and no one would notice..... till your dad logs into it. but how often could that be?

There are programs that can get the password for a router, but I don't even know where to start, or even a name to give you, not to mention you'd probably have to learn a lot about how to use it. My cousin used one once but he's some kind of computer genius, and anything he tried to explain about it was all Greek to me. Hell, I don't even know if that's legal or not. It would probably be wise to just leave this option alone.

You'd have a much easier time explaining to your dad that port forwarding doesn't do anything to your computer (if that's the case) or just asking him to do it himself so you don't "screw anything up" like my dad used to think I would do (and to be honest, when I was younger I probably would have).

Disobey your dad and reset your router anyway.

Chances are it may require a connection username & password.

Your best bet is to whack a keylogger on someone's PC and grab it. You can even hum the MI theme tune.

That was my first thought, but most of the time when you get those, they put one on you, so you steal other's passwords for them. :/

Don't hack, Simple. :)

Disable your dad, reset the router, then re-enable your dad.