Poll

Rate it! (And explain why in your post.)

1/10
2/10
3/10
4/10
5/10
6/10
7/10
8/10
9/10
10/10

Author Topic: Half Life Weapons  (Read 6367 times)

Thanks for constructive criticism guys! :D

Sweet jesus, those need some serious work. For one, you don't need to model the hands onto weapons in Blockland, we don't use V_models like source.

well the gluon gun tank should be remodled, to me it looks a really wierd
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 06:58:50 PM by diode34 »

I've played through most of Half-Life, and I believe these require a lot of improvement.
You should have a second model set for Third-Person mode, without hands, and only the First-Person model has hands, since in the other views it automatically mounts to the hand. Trust me, look through the code, there are ways to do this.

Also, the hand models might be able to be called from the actual hand model itself, and the two hands would move and mount to the point on your weapon in third-Person. I'm pretty sure that it's possible.

I've played through most of Half-Life, and I believe these require a lot of improvement.
These aren't even up to general minimum Blockland standards.

You should have a second model set for Third-Person mode, without hands, and only the First-Person model has hands, since in the other views it automatically mounts to the hand. Trust me, look through the code, there are ways to do this. - I really don't think your right about that, and if there is, i would also like to know how.

Also, the hand models might be able to be called from the actual hand model itself, and the two hands would move and mount to the point on your weapon in third-Person. I'm pretty sure that it's possible. - If what you are saying is what i think you are trying to say, then this isn't possable eather.

The third person problem probably has to do with LoD. Search Pandan's quick tips on youtube to find helpful explanations.

They're smoothshaded

I'm helping him fix that. So far, only the magnum is flat-shaded and de-polygon raped.

All these models are just primitive shapes within primitive shapes rotated and un-connected. These aren't even considered 3D art.

For the Mp5 problem: Do you happen to have ye old Mp5? That forgeted with the transformer arm cannon, too...

Just reminding you that I didn't forget.
18th is coming up. :P

Just reminding you that I didn't forget.
18th is coming up. :P
cant wait :D

can i get a link for these

Thanks for constructive criticism guys! :D
Thank you VERY much. I look forward to it.
Please, Guys, This is my first add-ons, and I though it was good.
He's so cute!

Can I keep him? Can I? Can I?!

HALF-LIFE, full life conciquences! btw I walked fast and picked up WEPON and shot zombie goasts