Author Topic: Breaking News! TBM cigarettes are at it again.  (Read 43699 times)

They plan to release a 'mod' dubbed "Freebuild"
As far as I can tell, it's a new and improved TBM.

Here is a Garage Games topic introduction for freebuild.
Which I'm going to stop capitalizing because it's no longer a word >:C

http://www.torquepowered.com/community/blogs/view/18557/1#comment_form

I suppose I might as well introduce my project at this time as well so that my screenshots make sense. I'm sure most people who've been around GarageGames long enough are familiar with Blockland. What most of you probably aren't familiar with is a lot of the drama surrounding the Blockland community. Long before Blockland released it's Retail version, a thriving modding community grew up around it. One of the mod development teams, TBM, made no bones about the fact that they intended to make their mod a better game than Eric Hartman's eventual Blockland Retail release,

and a lot of resentment sprung up between TBM and the mainline Blockland community. When modders of from another "faction" stole code + artwork from TBM, the TBM developers at the time retaliated by including a script in TBM that would delete the stolen artwork from the other mod directories. Eric used this as an excuse to accuse TBM of planting a virus, and banned it's developers and players from the community.

K lol

Yeah sure, "NO NO IT WASNT I, I DIDNT DO IT. BUT ERIC WAS WRONG FOR BANNING THEM >:C"
"SO IM GOING TO MAKE THIS stuff"

What really pisses me off, is that people on GG think that this hasn't been done before.

Lego-Torque... thats awesome, I'm sure getting the actual building process is a pain but it looks and sounds like your actually going to have your own 3D lego set!

Keep up the good work, the screens bring back old memories. :)

HAHA No.

Congrats, you're going to steal ideas from retail, and rob Eric of models from v0002.
Plus, it looks like stuff.

What exactly have you improved?
Stop these shenanigans.

Like Blockland but stufftier!

Looks worse than roblox

Looks worse than roblox
It's looks is not something I'm entirely pissed about.

It's the fact that people on GG praise this guy. (NOT ON ONE OCCASION) for making a lego game in torque.
forget this stuff.

From my brief experience with pretail Blockland, looks like the controls are identical. Plus the models... and by the look of it, textures.

inb4 repackaged v0002.

Worst GUI ever.

Instead of making new crappy mods and being so damn cheap, they should play RTB 1.045.

stuff, they discovered gradients.

RUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN.

Haha. They're doin' great.

They edited the Ui of v0002. They'll destroy Blockland with fancy pictures!

TBM deserved to be banned, any type of code like that is just not right.

im thinking what they will do next!
maybe stole retail blockland model!

TBM deserved to be banned, any type of code like that is just not right.
How does one ban a game?

Furthermore, why not wait until they release it to comment? This really seems like a lot of effort for something that isn't even out yet. :/

How does one ban a game?

Furthermore, why not wait until they release it to comment? This really seems like a lot of effort for something that isn't even out yet. :/
Obviously im reffering to the group, as in the members of TBM.