Author Topic: Vault 71: A Gallery Project [WIP]  (Read 1854 times)

This is a project I started yesterday (since I was puking my guts out and had nothing else to really do)

Just wanted to post this here and get some criticism on this so far (I've only finished one floor so far out of 4, maybe 5)

Level 4A: Medical Wing/Reactor Core[?]

Door to the damaged Reactor Room.

The Medical Wing.

Hallway leading to the next elevator, up to the quarters.

Level 3A: Living Quarters

A Vault Dweller's Room, complete with dresser, terminal for personal logs, a motivational poster... Even a Bed! Wowee!

Storage... Not much to be said until you look up.

As I said, it's not finished yet. I'll update the OP with more pics as I get things done.
Please give x/10 rating, and state why you gave it that rating.

Completion Status:
Level 4A Medical Wing/Reactor: 50% complete (if Reactor Room is to be added)
Level 3A Living Quarters: 100% complete
Level 2A Atrium/Overseer's Office: 0% complete
Level 1A Maintenance/Vault Entrance: 0% complete

Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 08:51:31 PM by Mister Cheese »

3/10.
very incomplete.

needs alot more work
looks spammy
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 10:51:24 AM by MunkeyCheez »

3/10.

very incomplete.
Just wanted to post this here and get some criticism on this so far (I've only finished one floor so far out of 4, maybe 5)

The main issue I see here is the plain box hallways which are obviously 5x height bricks with baseplates on top.

Try designing a more complex wall unit for each kind of hallway.

The main issue I see here is the plain box hallways which are obviously 5x height bricks with baseplates on top.

Try designing a more complex wall unit for each kind of hallway.
Okay, thanks. I was thinking it was a little bland anyway, and was already changing up a few of the new hallways

Those walls certainly are in need of a bit unblanding. :)
Just plain and straight walls won't be as nice as a more complex wall, as Conan suggested.

The ramp doorways are kinda ugly as well.

Finished a floor. Will update OP with pics when I can get back on my computer.

Because in Vault 71, no one ever enters, and no one ever leaves.

Bump for update in OP. Also, working on Vault Atrium/Admin/Overseer's Office.

For increased detail, don't just stick things like posters in walls, work the poster INTO the wall. Normally, in Fallout, a lot of colors ranging in looks of rust are used. Try to find a colorset that has a wide arrange of dulled gray-brown. I think more detail should be thought about, and you can add more things by making the ceiling height higher. You can only aim for a bland look if it's going to be used for a DM of some sort. Add some variety to the bricks you use, and don't make the ceiling/floor simply flat. That adds to bland.

For increased detail, don't just stick things like posters in walls, work the poster INTO the wall. Normally, in Fallout, a lot of colors ranging in looks of rust are used. Try to find a colorset that has a wide arrange of dulled gray-brown. I think more detail should be thought about, and you can add more things by making the ceiling height higher. You can only aim for a bland look if it's going to be used for a DM of some sort. Add some variety to the bricks you use, and don't make the ceiling/floor simply flat. That adds to bland.
That's definitely an interesting approach. I'll have to try to work in some of that. Any suggestions of good colorsets that would work for that?

quite a good base, unless of course, is the base. Too sophisticated wall would also be out of topic, but the version with two types of slides I liked. But as usual, there is one "but" and this BUT - the doors, no jewelry around them - it's not slick nice, need some personal style, it is inherent in this database, which would coincide with the geometry of the walls, which are made of two of sloping bricks