Retail Discussion!

Author Topic: Retail Discussion!  (Read 53099 times)

Ping is dependent on your network connection, server load, and your distance from the server.  The big problem with lag on v2 comes from people hosting non-dedicated servers and then getting low frame rate.  Their computer is spending so much time rendering frames that it doesn't have time to send any network packets (thus you get lag).  Improving the frame rate should help this situation because the host computer will be a lot less stressed.

The phantom limbs are the way it's going to be.   The boxy guys were just too much like lego to avoid getting sued.  CRC checking on player models will be off, so you can replace the model with whatever you want.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO
Did you not see the "CRC checking on player models will be off" part?  That means anybody can change the player model to anything they'd like.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 10:03:42 PM by Spaceomega »

I cant model though...

lol i just warmed up to the new minifig and i like it so stop whining we already had 999999 people whining for the blockheads and i like the as much thanks badspot

I cant model though...
There's definately going to be someone else making it, then.  Just wait out for a few days.

I hope Badspot can make a database dedicated to files for Blockland Retail, such as player models and animations.

I actually like the new models because they will aid me in somthing I wanted to do later on for **********.

Give him parashoot pants and arm sleeves?

The phantom limbs are the way it's going to be.

YEEEEEEEEEEEES! :D

well i was a bit bored so i open paint and make this

Ping is dependent on your network connection, server load, and your distance from the server.  The big problem with lag on v2 comes from people hosting non-dedicated servers and then getting low frame rate.  Their computer is spending so much time rendering frames that it doesn't have time to send any network packets (thus you get lag).  Improving the frame rate should help this situation because the host computer will be a lot less stressed.

The phantom limbs are the way it's going to be.   The boxy guys were just too much like lego to avoid getting sued.  CRC checking on player models will be off, so you can replace the model with whatever you want.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO
Lex says:
i've made better models by slapping my richard on the mouse
QFT

I like the models, they're kind of chibi.

I just noticed something, shouldn't there be no necks to go with no arms or legs?

Lol, if your in a DM with that.
*swordfight between a newb and a pro*
*newb wins because the pro goes AFK*
Newb: I'll slit your throa-- wha?
*Pro returns*
*Pro lazily donks the newb on the head with a pistol*

Haha, that'd be funny if it ever actually happened.
Take the necks out :cookieMonster:

Can we get a few more pictures of the minifig and a few opinions from the beta testers  :cookieMonster:

Is it just me or does that picture have a 3+ in the corner.

That means Ages 3 and up amirite?
Please no.