Author Topic: Black screen on death (Accomplished with events, 1st page)  (Read 266 times)

What i want: When a player dies, his screen goes black until he respawns.

What this would be used for: Basically a new addition to Gamemodes especially revolving around stealth, or maybe a slight realism aspect to TDMs and RPGs

Additional Notes:Im hoping this can be a server sided mod, whether its a player type, script, or support package, i dont really care. Hope this will be an easy task for anyone who wants to take a crack at it. Please be sure to look out for console errors that may pop up when the mod is in use (When a player dies).

« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 04:07:10 PM by Ctrooper »

I think there's only damage flashes and whiteout effects, but it should be possible to move the player's camera to a black box or a form of death screen (so you could decorate it and make it pretty if you chose?)

I think there's only damage flashes and whiteout effects, but it should be possible to move the player's camera to a black box or a form of death screen (so you could decorate it and make it pretty if you chose?)
Maybe we can add an OnPlayerDeath input for the camera events, target the client and set the camera to a black box or something, set the duration of that so it corresponds with the minigame respawn time. Ill mess around with that.

EDIT: I figured it out, just use OnMinigameDeath i attached a .GIF to the topic showing the idea in action.
Thanks for the suggestion phflack
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 04:01:26 PM by Ctrooper »

I'm not sure why but you can black out yourself client side, but not by serverside.