Author Topic: About the RATS recently uploaded  (Read 12202 times)

i dont know stuff and i get worried hella easy, would i be affected just by visiting the sites? and if i just download the zip am i fine? i didnt run anything, infact i cancelled the xio 8/10 ways it was almost done. anyway, should i worry about either? pls answer to soothe me worrying
just visiting the sites is harmless lol, all it took there was a quick inspect element to confirm.

Darksaber's RAT was a false positive. as far as i know, my machine is clean. i wonder if he'll come back to the forums, though. i mean, he was banned and revoked for a false positive after all :u

i dont know stuff and i get worried hella easy, would i be affected just by visiting the sites? and if i just download the zip am i fine? i didnt run anything, infact i cancelled the xio 8/10 ways it was almost done. anyway, should i worry about either? pls answer to soothe me worrying
websites can only give you viruses through scripts basically, and he didn't have any malicious scripts on there. you're good, it was just the .exe that he linked to that gave everyone a scare

Darksaber's RAT was a false positive. as far as i know, my machine is clean. i wonder if he'll come back to the forums, though. i mean, he was banned and revoked for a false positive after all :u
websites can only give you viruses through scripts basically, and he didn't have any malicious scripts on there. you're good, it was just the .exe that he linked to that gave everyone a scare
how do we know you're not darksaber telling us that it was clean?

SO just gettng this straight, dark did NOT intend this to happen? or did he? idk

how do we know you're not darksaber telling us that it was clean?
you don't. you don't know. :0

nah i've been around here for a while, but i lurked for like six years before actually starting to post

SO just gettng this straight, dark did NOT intend this to happen? or did he? idk
i honestly don't think he did

I use WebSniffer on every link

gota be careful all the time

Whenever you scan using Malwarebytes you have to make sure you have it checked where it says to scan for rootkits, I do not understand why it is not turned on by default.

I am still unsure about it, I still have beliefs it has a greater threat placed into the exe, and isn't there a rule that says to not upload exes anyways to avoid things like this from happening?

and isn't there a rule that says to not upload exes anyways to avoid things like this from happening?
no

no
pretty sure there is
there's quite a lot of topics that require you to PM them for links, or do some other method of getting the file

pretty sure there is
there's quite a lot of topics that require you to PM them for links, or do some other method of getting the file
Whether or not posting an exe is allowed is very iffy. Considering badspot doesn't check around, if nobody reports a post saying "malicious exe" then he's never going to end up finding it and they won't be banned for posting it.

Generally though, if your program is open-source you're free to post the exe so long as there's a way to guarantee that the program was generated from the source and not some malicious modified copy of it.

you only get the virus from opening the offending file iirc.

noedit: i tried to reply to the last post on page one. i thought it was /the/ last post. i f

Whenever you scan using Malwarebytes you have to make sure you have it checked where it says to scan for rootkits, I do not understand why it is not turned on by default.
yeah, i found that out. i have no idea why it doesn't scan for root kits in the first place--my first scan i did i forgot to do that, but my second one i did that and no root kits showed up. also scanned with windows defender, they both reported the same thing

Badspot

• Administrator
Well, I have unbanned this dude.  Apparently on the advice of Zealot, someone who has been banned something like a dozen times for flaming and trolling.  What could go wrong.