Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship for Blockheads: General V2  (Read 7744454 times)

besides the fact that i rewatched the series several times before, i still love to watch the first season because it is the best one

And the most nostalgic, well for me at least.

Also I cant stop listening to Smile, it never gets tiring compared to some other stuff oddly :V

Btw I drew some ponies while listening to it the other day, even some tablet practice (photoshop isnt that great for me to draw with imo :V)

Tablet was done after the paper drawing, and I know it looks a bit faded on some stuff but its the lighting and my stuffty ipod camera.

get a scanner yo
We sorta do, though its hooked up to a really old ass laptop and I don't wanna fiddle with it right now.

It's definatley something I would consider getting at somepoint though.

I wonder why Hasbro has been giving out so many CD orders while in the past they've never bothered.

I wonder why Hasbro has been giving out so many CD orders while in the past they've never bothered.
Because bronies.

Because bronies.
I'd actually like a coherent answer rather than some moron spewing non-answer bullstuff.

I'd actually like a coherent answer rather than some moron spewing non-answer bullstuff.
Literally I think it's the whole brony fandom thats made them do this.

It sounds legit to me

i would assume that it probably costs them a decent coin to go out and search for every single thing that violates their copyrights, so they likely direct their attention to content that relates too closely their stuff (JanAnimations, for example, extremely close to the actual show), content that is sold for money (WhiteDoves plushies), and content that perhaps is considered "bad publicity" to them.

JanAnimations and Fighting is Magic are good examples of content that is just too good. even with the disclaimers saying Hasbro was not involved with it, liability-wise they are professional grade creations that Hasbro can't let loose without possible repercussions related to their IP/copyright/whatever law.

some have actually been fake, or were never actually given such orders (i recently heard the stuff related to the Princess Molestia tumblr-thing was not actually because of Hasbro). i think as far as real Hasbro goes, they haven't really given out too many of these complaints, the ones they have are on projects that just closely resemble their property or were milking cash off their property and that number is pretty low.

they haven't gone after simple fan artists who just draw ponies. they haven't gone after simple remixers who actually warped the songs. in reality, if what you've done is free and isn't essentially an exact duplicate of the show (which my examples are pretty damn close), you'll likely never hear from them.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 04:44:57 PM by Blastdown »

I realize that Hasbro kind of has to C&D or else they lose trademarks/they get diluted. It's the law.

Wait was HellHound Talking about ceist and desist or physical CDs?

Cause now Im really confused, fix your stuff before man, I thought you were talking about CDs or something.

Wait was HellHound Talking about ceist and desist or physical CDs?

Cause now Im really confused, fix your stuff before man, I thought you were talking about CDs or something.
Cease and desists.
I realize this is a bit old but now I have this song stuck in my head.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC0qk2LLohc
heeeeeeeeeeelp
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 11:58:12 PM by King of the Bill »

Hey have any of you guys ever had an urge to rewatch season 1 again?

I honestly am considering doing it once im caught up for nostalgic purposes.
Sadly I haven't been able to, but I'd love to rewatch everything. Maybe we could all stay up and do a marathon or something?

Are the C&Ds the reason why there isn't a new game or something being created? I remember before people usually posted something on the progress of them.

Wtf is cease and desist
Stop what you're doing and don't do it again or else you'll get sued by the company that owns the intellectual property

I've also wondered why Hasbro removed basically all of the Youtube uploads of the episodes?