Author Topic: Blockland won't last forever.  (Read 2609 times)

My prediction is that all of the problem users are going to try and gangbang some other un-popularized game.
good

Can you like, stop?

i want to become rich and buy blockland and create a 2nd game with more features and different engine

You're correct, however as nothing lasts forever neither will you. ;)

Why can't the engine be changed in the first place?

This prolly has been said before but Idk.

When Blockland dies we will all be living off extended support (Single Player/LAN) like Windows XP.

Until someone reprograms the game to connect to their own Master Server.

Why can't the engine be changed in the first place?

This prolly has been said before but Idk.

When Blockland dies we will all be living off extended support (Single Player/LAN) like Windows XP.

Until someone reprograms the game to connect to their own Master Server.
I believe badspot would have to rewrite the game in order to use a more up to date engine.

But if there's a Blockland 2...
All of the current saves and add-ons would die.

Well the game has certainly had a good run. ~10 years and still pretty damn active and alive.

Blockland is pretty much self supportive. It doesn't really need development to stay alive (or it probably would've died already lol) the community is generating consistent content and the playerbase rises every day. I'd be tempted to say that this game could last a few more decades at least.

I really hope there won't be a second forum made by the community. The moderation would be absolutely awful.

Well the game has certainly had a good run. ~10 years and still pretty damn active and alive.

Blockland is pretty much self supportive. It doesn't really need development to stay alive (or it probably would've died already lol) the community is generating consistent content and the playerbase rises every day. I'd be tempted to say that this game could last a few more decades at least.
This
Something tells me that by the time Blockland does become abandoned, we will be gone. We will grow up, get jobs, so on and so forth. Maybe we'll actually make use of our lives instead of just sitting here.

I really hope there won't be a second forum made by the community. The moderation would be absolutely awful.
You don't say...

hopefully he'll release the source code (although hackers will have a field day), allowing us to make blockland clients with custom master servers