Author Topic: Ownership Saving Issue  (Read 1697 times)

Everytime I save the bricks, close the server, open it again later, then load the bricks, the ownerships of the bricks have screwed up. Completely random bricks that are owned by others end up with my ownership, but the rest of their bricks are perfectly fine. My bricks that I made are still fine. When I save the bricks, it is checked to save the owners, and same for when I load the bricks. This has been extremely annoying because everyone can't build half of their builds without my trust.

When saving or loading a build, the brick's ownership is determined by the ownership of the baseplate it's on. Only baseplates save ownership - and by that I mean the brick supporting the rest of the bricks.

When saving or loading a build, the brick's ownership is determined by the ownership of the baseplate it's on. Only baseplates save ownership - and by that I mean the brick supporting the rest of the bricks.
This information should come with the save GUI

When I save, the baseplates are owned by whoever built it. After the load, I check, and the baseplate / bottom bricks always have the correct ownership, but the top bricks a few bricks off the ground are saved as mine when they shouldn't be. Sorry if this is hard to comprehend, but it's not too easy to explain. I can draw what's happening if needed.

This is happening to me too, I occasionally work on a project in an unpassworded server and I let people freebuild, it was worked fine until one day I loaded and half the bricks were loaded as mine.

Bumb, can I please get some help on this?

Bumb, can I please get some help on this?
the save / load is working as intended.

When you build on top of somebody else's bricks, the ownership changes when you re-load them.

So theres nothing to fix.

the save / load is working as intended.

When you build on top of somebody else's bricks, the ownership changes when you re-load them.

So theres nothing to fix.
No, this is not the issue at all, that has been explained already.
Entire builds, including the baseplate they are on, that should belong to someone else, are suddenly being loaded as mine.
I have never turned off save/load ownership

Has anyone checked if building on public bricks, then saving, quitting, reloading does anything?  I was thinking about that as a solution to my problem that is similar to this.

No, this is not the issue at all, that has been explained already.
Entire builds, including the baseplate they are on, that should belong to someone else, are suddenly being loaded as mine.
I have never turned off save/load ownership
For me, everything except the baseplate that the build is on, is saved as mine.

Bump.

This needs fixing.

Bump

Can somebody please help with this?

For me, everything except the baseplate that the build is on, is saved as mine.
Yes, I meant to say 'excluding'

Badspot

• Administrator
This issue should be fixed as of r1741.  You should be able to restore ownership on messed up saves by loading and resaving. 

This issue should be fixed as of r1741.  You should be able to restore ownership on messed up saves by loading and resaving. 
holy stuff thank you so much, this was a HUGE problem with my lego server!