Author Topic: The Origin Hate Thread  (Read 3379 times)

Problems with origin
  • Unlike Steam, which taxes you if you live in the same state as Valve, Origin taxes you because it can
  • Awful payment system that either takes forever to finish or just flat-out refuses to let you buy something
  • Downloading new games takes forever to finish. My dad has let it run for 8 hours only to see games progress by 10%
  • Apparently it tries to install malware. Citation needed
  • You need to have Origin in order to play EA's good games
  • No estimate for how long it will take to download something
  • Their games are loving expensive
  • Exploitable as forget
  • Baits you into using the software by giving out free games
  • Refund system involving preorders is pure bullstuff. You should be able to refund a preordered game at any time before it laucnches
  • Doesn't remember your login information after each update
  • It exists

People who hate Origin
  • L's & D's (OP)
  • Satan from Wreck-It-Ralph
  • Niff
  • auzman466
  • ABlockOfCheese
  • synthesispandabot
  • dudeman162
  • Superbro11
  • Tayasaurus
  • Harm94
  • Nickelob Ultra
  • otto-san
  • Planr
  • Lego lad
  • Sideswipe

If anyone wants to make a better OP, go ahead.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 01:27:36 AM by the hacker »

Didn't it install malware a while ago or something

Why

This stuff's going to crash and burn

it took me 1 hour to install plants vs zombies on origin

on the same computer and internet it took me 15 seconds to download roller coaster tycoon 3 platinum on steam

Why
While I was writing this, I had three payment issues in a row attempting to buy the Mass Effect trilogy.

Origin's really not that bad once you get used to it. I'd appreciate being able to properly join my friend's games through the friend list, but I think that's more Titanfall's fault than Origin's.

I've never really had much issue with it, but then again I don't own many games on it. (Sims 3, Sims Medieval, something else I can't recall).
I don't tend to buy games on Origin as they quite often seem to be rather expensive, and there's usually a cheaper deal if I buy on Steam or a physical copy from a shop.

I hate it but I need it to play 3 gayems

don't forget about that download code that everyone used to get any game under $20.
remember that code? the one that was the same for everyone, and could be used repetitively given you cleared your cookies/used incognito mode?

oh boy am I too late for the circlejerk?!

I've never actually had any problems with origin because I open it, download whatever free game I got from it, and never open it again

i actually enjoy the service. hasnt had a single problem for me and ive gotten like 3 free games out of it.

origin gives me wayyy faster download speeds than steam

compared to uplay origin is the best

i hate it, but sometimes i get free games so i guess it isnt as bad

might as well rename it the bandwagon thread

edit
  • Unlike Steam, which taxes you if you live in the same state as Valve, Origin taxes you because it can
ive never been taxed.
  • Awful payment system that either takes forever to finish or just flat-out refuses to let you buy something
just you.
  • Downloading new games takes forever to finish. My dad has let it run for 8 hours only to see games progress by 10%
your internet's fault. has the same speed as steam.
  • Apparently it tries to install malware. Citation needed
lmao
  • You need to have Origin in order to play EA's good games
whoa!!! you need steam to play cs:go or dota?! fowl play!
  • No estimate for how long it will take to download something
there is an estimate. you're just handicapped.
  • Their games are loving expensive
whoa AAA games are $60 on origin! stupid! whoa AAA games are $60 on steam? praise gaben!
  • Exploitable as forget
how?
  • Baits you into using the software by giving out free games
what are marketing strategies?
  • It exists
lol
[/list]

you're just loving stupid.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 01:41:40 AM by Niven »