Author Topic: RE: Roblox Reaches 200,000 Parts  (Read 6333 times)

wait wat

So when Badspot got it, it wasn't copying, but when Builderman got it from the website, it's copying? And remember, we are talking about a different Roblox. Years ago. They were a lot more "legit".

Either way, your logic doesn't make sense.

" he is to lazy to try and find his own, or make."
That could easily apply to Badspot if it applies to roblox, and vice versa.
Badspot got it first free source at the time anyone could grab it. Then a few years later Builderman came saw it on blockland and got it for Roblox. Orignally it was free source but Builderman got it by copying off of this game.

Badspot got it first free source at the time anyone could grab it. Then a few years later Builderman came saw it on blockland and got it for Roblox. Orignally it was free source but Builderman got it by copying off of this game.
How do you know that, though?

Glad you posted, couldn't remember your name but I know that you were the one working on the bls to roblox object conversion

Well Blockland can't really claim much. They got it off someone else themselves.
Roblox got it 1/9/2008, or earlier, incase it matters.

You are handicapped. This is blind conjecture. If it was free source how do you know that Builderman didn't get it when it was free source as well?

You are handicapped. This is blind conjecture. If it was free source how do you know that Builderman didn't get it when it was free source as well?
pretty much that. the bigotry was so heavy that i couldnt even reply to it

Mere coincidence? Normally nothing ever is, so going with that other idea seems dumber then mine.

Mere coincidence? Normally nothing ever is, so going with that other idea seems dumber then mine.
Ok so one game got a texture off another, and that game got a texture off a website

huge difference

Ok so one game got a texture off another, and that game got a texture off a website

huge difference
The thing is, based on my understanding, they probably didn't even know how we got it, or even if Badspot made it himself. In his mind, he was probably taking something Badspot made, he was taking directly from a game which never gave permission to use its content. He had inconsiderate intent. I mean, if he KNEW it was something he could use freely, he would have gone directly to the source rather than make bad edits of the original.
     Now I could be wrong, but that's sure how it seems.

The thing is, based on my understanding, they probably didn't even know how we got it, or even if Badspot made it himself. In his mind, he was probably taking something Badspot made, he was taking directly from a game which never gave permission to use its content. He had inconsiderate intent. I mean, if he KNEW it was something he could use freely, he would have gone directly to the source rather than make bad edits of the original.
     Now I could be wrong, but that's sure how it seems.
in that case, i think roblox honestly took the texture from a free website. It was 5 years ago when the company probably didn't want any legal trouble. Roblox credited vaxwar.com for multiple of their skyboxes. Maybe they found slate/shiverfrost from there too.

i never understood

how were you able to port a blockland save into roblox? i never knew that was possible

i never understood

how were you able to port a blockland save into roblox? i never knew that was possible
Me either.

i never understood

There's nothing wrong with this whole sky texture thing but, the moderator should have probably included credit in the video for the demo, either way its not something to get worked up over.

Why would we even need a converter? Blockland builds load fine in Blockland and Roblox builds loads fine in Roblox.